Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

meet-and-assist request - wheelchair?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Plt

Quick question - does Amtrak provide an airline-like we'll wheel you to the train service? I am looking at traveling with my mom and she just won't be able to walk from the waiting area to the train (or from the train back to the station). She doesn't require a wheel for all walking but any type of distance is a no go.

There is an accessible cabin thread and a link but that doesn't seem to get me to the right place - "meet-and-assist request" verbiage comes from AGR insider in that thread.

Cheers -
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by thegrailer
Quick question - does Amtrak provide an airline-like we'll wheel you to the train service? I am looking at traveling with my mom and she just won't be able to walk from the waiting area to the train (or from the train back to the station). She doesn't require a wheel for all walking but any type of distance is a no go.

There is an accessible cabin thread and a link but that doesn't seem to get me to the right place - "meet-and-assist request" verbiage comes from AGR insider in that thread.

Cheers -
Yes. Call Amtrak to request assistance.

https://www.amtrak.com/station-accessibility
https://www.amtrak.com/wheeled-mobility-device-services

If she can walk very short distances, you may be able to skip those options and just ask for Red Cap assistance at the station. A Red Cap can drive you from the waiting area out to the train in an electric cart. (Be aware that Red Caps work for and appreciate tips.)
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.