2nd Roomette Passenger 'No Show"

Old Feb 25, 17, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott, Southwest, American, Delta, Amtrak,Multiple others
2nd Roomette Passenger 'No Show"

I have an upcoming reservation for 2 in a roomette using an award ticket. My daughter is the second passenger, but now she may not be able to get off work. Based on what I have read, there appears to be no value in cancelling her ticket, since it may cost more to rebook for one passenger. Is there any downside risk for me just to show up without her? I plan to take the train by myself if she can't travel.
Old Feb 25, 17, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Raises hand and volunteers to take my 2nd Amtrak roomette trip.

dh
Old Feb 25, 17, 7:09 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Back in January, my father and I were scheduled to take the Zephyr together in a roomette; however, I got sick before the trip and could not go. No questions were asked when he presented the two-person ticket without me.
Old Feb 25, 17, 7:37 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Been there, done that. No questions will be asked, just tell the OBS. Points will be credited as if they were there.

There's a reason it is not uncommon to book two-in-a-roomette and figure out who will be there later: It's easier to change a name on a reservation than it is to add someone later.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: