Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amrak rewards:gift cards

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2016, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG,Marriott,Hilton,Delta,US airways,Hyatt,Fairmont,American A,Priority Cub,Discovery,etc
Angry Amrak rewards:gift cards

For the past 3 weeks , I have not been able to order gift cards with my small amount of remaining points. Each week, a new message appears to try again the folowing friday. I have sent 2 emails and apparently they are working on it. Anyone else have issues? What else can I do with 6000 points?
Old Sep 29, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Transfer to Choice Hotels? Book tickets? 6,000 points are a good amount for Amtrak, you could book a round trip on the NEC easily with that many points.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, National EE, Hertz President Circle, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Silver
Having the same issues, last week it said
"Gift card/certificate redemptions are currently unavailable. Please try back on Sept, 30, 2016."

Now is says
Gift card/certificate redemptions are currently unavailable. Please try back on October, 17, 2016.
they always keep pushing it off.
#Amtrakfail
Old Oct 10, 2016, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG,Marriott,Hilton,Delta,US airways,Hyatt,Fairmont,American A,Priority Cub,Discovery,etc
Bank of America rep threatens to take my Amtrak points for account closure

I am pretty fed up with AMTRACK rewards.Inabilty to redeem my points for a simple gift card.for weeks. So I decided to close my cc account with BofA. I was told that my points in my account would be taken from me if I do so by Bianca. Supervisor then spoke to me. She was quite adamant that she has the ability to take EVERY one of my points away. Huh? I don't believe this but what is up with that? I can see if I accrued points in this current statement but that's it. Feedback please.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 4:34 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Well, if your points have posted to your AGR account (not still on your BofA account) then BofA can't take them away.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
Originally Posted by powerup25
Having the same issues, last week it said
"Gift card/certificate redemptions are currently unavailable. Please try back on Sept, 30, 2016."

Now is says
Gift card/certificate redemptions are currently unavailable. Please try back on October, 17, 2016.
they always keep pushing it off.
#Amtrakfail
Still unavailable and this time they don't give any sort of ETA. It just says to "Please try back soon."
Old Oct 22, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
After weeks in the same boat, I just went in and was able to redeem 10k for Hertz $100 certificate. So, I would say it is working again.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp
After weeks in the same boat, I just went in and was able to redeem 10k for Hertz $100 certificate. So, I would say it is working again.
Yes, I did notice that the gift card redemptions are once again available.

Unfortunately, they removed the $100 Disney gift card from the options and that was what I was waiting to get. Drat!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.