Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amtrak websites down since May 15

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
I followed the password reset advice from the last time this happened, and it got me into both sites.

- First, I requested a password reset on the AGR site (not the Amtrak site).

- I reset the AGR password. The reset process opened the AGR site with me fully logged in.

- While fully logged-in, I used the direct link on the AGR home page to open Amtrak.com.

- That opened Amtrak.com with me already logged in there as well. It also sync'd my new ARG password to Amtrak.com (essentially resetting my Amtrak password with my new AGR password).

- Having taken those steps, I can now log into both AGR and Amtrak using the new password I set for AGR.

Those instructions came from our old friend, AGR Insider. I believe his photo is on the milk carton I got at the supermarket earlier this week. Have you seen this man?
Old May 30, 2016, 3:30 pm

Can't get the AGR webpage to even load.

Can't log in on Amtrak.com.

Mobile app does not work.

Would love to book some tickets...
Old May 30, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: United 'Cattle Car', American, JetBlue Airways, Marriott Rewards 'Gold', Amtrak AGR 'Select'
What's going on? I'm trying to log in and unable to do anything, even look up account info - and I've been unable to access the account on my iPhone since around may 15. I tried to call to redeem points for future train travel on Amtrak California but the lady couldn't get access to my account. Amtrak AGR - get your act together
Old May 30, 2016, 6:48 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, Hilton Honors
Yea, no luck with the AGR site today (Monday) either. Tried Chrome, IE and via my phone...no go!
Old May 30, 2016, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA PPro, UA Silver, MR Plat, HH Gold, Amtrak Select, Avis Preferred Plus
I can log in again (couldn't earlier in the day), but it is still showing the old information. It does not include my last 3 round trips.
Old May 31, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
I can log into the Amtrak and AGR Web sites without issue (except when OS X's Keychain insists on using the password I replaced two years ago), but now I can't get the app to pick up on reservations made online. I can get them to appear when I add the reservation manually, but then it instantly forgets them.
Old May 31, 2016, 9:02 pm

Of course there is no way to know how widespread the problem is from a few comments on FlyerTalk. But my experience is that my account has been 'frozen' in time for three weeks. In many other programs there would be a letter in the mail apologizing (if just to a small number of customers). Or a public apology on the site if affecting most users.

Really unfortunate that AGR has no social media spokesperson here. I remember Anthony being a very helpful brand ambassador.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
I just made a separate thread before I saw this. I've been unable to access any of my vouchers in my Amtrak.com profile for the last week. It's says the vouchers are missing and email address. I tried updating my profile, but it won't let me either.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 6:52 pm

A lot of points have posted over the past week from middle to late May. I did call in and a Rep posted the ones from early May. Still getting a blank screen when I try to look at a transaction list. Is the transaction list working for anybody else?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA PPro, UA Silver, MR Plat, HH Gold, Amtrak Select, Avis Preferred Plus
Most of my trips had posted. However, one leg of a round trip was still missing. When I called in, the agent tried to add it in, but the system warned of a duplicate ticket number. The agent said those have to be escalated to another team, and should post within 72 hours.

I also asked about posting more recent stays (I am getting close to the next level ), however the agent told me he cannot touch those until they are at least 21 days old.

He did mention that there were issues with the system earlier, but those should have been fully resolved. And my recent trips should post automatically without issue in the coming days.

Regarding design's question: I can see all my posted transactions online.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:37 am

I can't get the website to display my available upgrade coupons !!!! it just errors out
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
It's been weeks and I still can't see my Evouchers.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Every time I try to look up past transactions, it gives me an HTTP Error 500.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:15 pm
Company Representative - Amtrak

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)
To all - where it concerns an AGR (loyalty) account issue specifically, such as logging into your AGR account, viewing your points and coupons, making redemptions, etc., please call us at 1-800-307-5000 and describe the issue in detail so we can open a ticket for your account with our IT team. It is the best way for the issue to be corrected.

Thanks,
Anthony

Last edited by AGR Insider; Jun 27, 2016 at 1:23 pm
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by diburning
Every time I try to look up past transactions, it gives me an HTTP Error 500.
About three years ago, Amtrak got in touch with my firm via a systems integrator agency to work on a major project to overhaul their web/ systems architecture. I remember a long discussion about server busy errors being a pain point.

I got busy with some other projects and couldn't commit the time, plus they wouldn't give us travel on a discounted rate on their own rail network. Whomever they did hire apparently didn't solve the problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.