Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Starting today: Amtrak Guest Rewards 1-2-3-FREE Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:53 pm
Company Representative - Amtrak
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)

Today is the first day to earn free summer travel in the Northeast Corridor with the Amtrak Guest Rewards 1-2-3-FREE Promotion!

• Take three qualifying roundtrips on Acela or three qualifying roundtrips on Northeast Regional this winter and earn a free roundtrip this summer.
  • Qualifying travel dates are January 5 – February 29. Free travel booking and travel dates are July 2 – August 31, excluding travel on July 4.
  • Must be an Amtrak Guest Rewards member and register to participate in the promotion (Select Executive members are automatically registered)

More information can be found here:

https://www.amtrak.com/take-three-ge...-guest-rewards

Anthony Rizos
Director, Member Experience Solutions
Amtrak
Washington, D.C.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:13 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AGR Insider
Today is the first day to earn free summer travel in the Northeast Corridor with the Amtrak Guest Rewards 1-2-3-FREE Promotion!

• Take three qualifying roundtrips on Acela or three qualifying roundtrips on Northeast Regional this winter and earn a free roundtrip this summer.
  • Qualifying travel dates are January 5 – February 29. Free travel booking and travel dates are July 2 – August 31, excluding travel on July 4.
  • Must be an Amtrak Guest Rewards member and register to participate in the promotion (Select Executive members are automatically registered)

More information can be found here:

https://www.amtrak.com/take-three-ge...-guest-rewards

Anthony Rizos
Director, Member Experience Solutions
Amtrak
Washington, D.C.
Thanks, Anthony. My registration still reflects the $53 minimum spend. Am I good to go for the revised terms at $49?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:18 pm
Company Representative - Amtrak
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)
Originally Posted by vatraveler
Thanks, Anthony. My registration still reflects the $53 minimum spend. Am I good to go for the revised terms at $49?
Yes. The $49 minimum spend applies to all registrants in this promotion.

Anthony
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AGR Insider
Yes. The $49 minimum spend applies to all registrants in this promotion.

Anthony
Excellent - thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:14 pm

mileage runs! Yes Please!!!
Old Jan 14, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
if my ticket is a mix of northeast regional and keystone (NYP to HAR, via PHL), does that qualify as being a northeast regional trip?

UPDATE: question answered by AGR Insider
It depends on how the pricing is allocated between the NER and the Keystone tickets on your trip. If the portion of your fare that corresponds to the NER train is $49 or more, then it will count.

Last edited by riphamilton; Jan 25, 2016 at 6:22 pm Reason: added second question
Old Jul 10, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Are the free trips earned on this promotion upgradeable? That is, can i use the coupon and pay the difference between business and first? Or can I use the coupon and use a 12 hour upgrade coupon?
Old Jul 10, 2016, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by jcresq
Are the free trips earned on this promotion upgradeable? That is, can i use the coupon and pay the difference between business and first? Or can I use the coupon and use a 12 hour upgrade coupon?
No.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 7:06 am

Any success redeeming these online? In previous years, they were applied automatically. On a sample booking just now, it is trying to pull the points rather than applying the coupon.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Any success redeeming these online? In previous years, they were applied automatically. On a sample booking just now, it is trying to pull the points rather than applying the coupon.
I had to call in to use it, but there weren't any issues. Did it for a friend who needed to book BOS to NYP on the Acela for tomorrow and returning on Friday
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:56 pm

If you look at the coupons on your AGR page, they say to call to use them. I did and booked one last week.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 6:09 am

Mine have some odd wording about them being upgrade vouchers, which they are not.

Mildly annoyed that I have to call in for these, but I'll cope.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Mine have some odd wording about them being upgrade vouchers, which they are not.

Mildly annoyed that I have to call in for these, but I'll cope.
Mine too. I called in so I can use it for a friend and the process took around 5 mins and we got the trains my friend wanted. Super easy and it was a $400+ ticket price too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.