problems with amtrak.com

Old Dec 5, 15, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

problems with amtrak.com

Am i the only one or has there been a problem logging into amtrak.com? this has gone on for 2+ weeks now and is annoying as i need to call the 800 number each time i have to manage my reservations.
Old Dec 5, 15, 6:32 pm

Programs: Amtrak
If by "manage my reservations" you mean log on and then look at your account, then I'm not seeing a problem.

If you mean you can't AUTOMATICALLY SEE ALL of your reservations after you log on, you are experiencing what I call a design error. You will automatically see only reservations you made in certain ways. For example, you won't see AGR reward trips.

However, you can see the rest by entering the res # and email address or telephone number. But the trick is to click on "MODIFIY TRIP" in the TICKETS/CHECKSTATUS/MODIFIY TRIP section. That is why I call it a design error. Good design would have a button in the MY ACCOUNT section saying something like "For reservations that don't appear"
Old Dec 7, 15, 3:20 pm
Company Representative - Amtrak

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)
Hi abagga - you can send me a PM here and I'll look into your issue.

Thanks,
Anthony
Old Dec 8, 15, 8:58 am
formerly inlogan

Programs: BA Gold
Unhappy

Originally Posted by abagga View Post
Am i the only one or has there been a problem logging into amtrak.com? this has gone on for 2+ weeks now and is annoying as i need to call the 800 number each time i have to manage my reservations.
You're not the only one. I logged in a couple of weeks ago and it offered to combine my amtrak.com and AGR.com account logins. It said it completed successfully, but now I can't log into my amtrak.com account. My AGR.com account still works if I use my AGR number and password. I can then click the link to take me to amtrak.com and it logs me into the amtrak.com account, but my amtrak.com user id and password do not work anymore. I also tried to do the reset password option, and I get the email and click the link to reset it to a new one, but then when I try to use that new password to log into amtrak.com it doesn't work.

I called a week or two ago and they said there was an issue with merging accounts, but they have no fix right now.
Old Dec 8, 15, 9:43 am

Programs: AGR Executive, UA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HH Diamond
Yes I have the same problem. In addition reservations disappear and it would not hold my eVouchers. I have to do everything manually.

Can't wait for the day when I stop taking the train...probably once my last kid goes to college and I relocate. Amtrak makes me appreciate the Airlines for what they are...I think our expectation of the Airlines is very high. Airlines can easily put this National Railroad to shame!
Old Dec 13, 15, 1:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Man Down. Man Down! Website down again today... going into "Lite Mode"...
Old Dec 15, 15, 5:27 pm

Hi - we recently corrected a technical issue with our login system for a limited number of accounts. If you merged your accounts and could not log in, please now complete a password reset on amtrakguestrewards.com. Then, you should be able to log in successfully on either site using the new password. Our contact center has been advised of this procedure should anyone phone in for help.

Thanks for your patience,
Anthony
Old Dec 17, 15, 7:25 am

Programs: AGR Executive, UA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AGR Insider View Post
Hi - we recently corrected a technical issue with our login system for a limited number of accounts. If you merged your accounts and could not log in, please now complete a password reset on amtrakguestrewards.com. Then, you should be able to log in successfully on either site using the new password. Our contact center has been advised of this procedure should anyone phone in for help.

Thanks for your patience,
Anthony
Alright...that worked. Thanks for your help AGR Insider. I'm able to log in, see and make reservations. I do not see my previous eVouchers but I'm hoping going forward the new ones will stick. I will update when I cancel a reservation and get an eVoucher.

I was surely losing patience but once again I appreciate your help!
Old Dec 29, 15, 10:21 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Can't login in to my account as of right now, and even the reset password mechanism is down. Anyone else?
Old Dec 29, 15, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by physioprof View Post
Can't login in to my account as of right now, and even the reset password mechanism is down. Anyone else?
Same for me. Really annoying.
Old Dec 29, 15, 11:25 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA EXP, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Amtrak Select+
Originally Posted by physioprof View Post
Yup, happening on this end as well
Old Dec 29, 15, 1:05 pm

It's sporadically back up for me now.
Old Dec 30, 15, 9:15 am

There was a brief outage yesterday afternoon but it was fully resolved.

Anthony

Search this Thread
Search Engine: