Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Amtrak honor "mistake fares"?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:26 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
This isn't a mistake fare (Amtrak really doesn't have those; their system is still simple enough to avoid them as a rule). Believe me, I emailed Ed Ellis (the guy in charge of the new Hoosier State operation) when I saw it just to be sure and he confirmed that it's an ill-noted promotion.

(That being said, I bough one with a discount and paired it with a bus ticket so I could print off a hard copy to go in a frame...$.90 is about the lowest amount you'll ever see on an Amtrak ticket anywhere and I want to keep that in my catalog of cool tickets)
Old Dec 2, 2015, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Hi -

The best part of the $.90 ticket for me was the part where I was informed that the ticket was non-refundable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.