no more all day coffee in sleeper?

Old Nov 7, 2015, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.
no more all day coffee in sleeper?

Just saw that my sleeper car has sign that says "free beverage service from 6am-11am"- when did this start? Used to have coffee & juice all day long.
I am on southwest chief.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
This may explain it:

Jeff Smisek Takes Over as AMTRAK Head
Old Nov 9, 2015, 4:25 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
^
Old Nov 9, 2015, 10:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by musikdude
Just saw that my sleeper car has sign that says "free beverage service from 6am-11am"- when did this start? Used to have coffee & juice all day long.
I am on southwest chief.
This started around April ish.
DSC00162 by B H, on Flickr
Old Nov 9, 2015, 10:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
I must say, brew from that appealing container would be most appetizing....
Old Nov 10, 2015, 9:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
I must say, brew from that appealing container would be most appetizing....
LOL. Amtrak's coffee is not good. Your really not missing much. I have one or two with breakfast in the dining car and thats it. BTW, even when they had the coffee all day, it was it tasted like it was brewed in the morning at sat around all day.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 1:50 pm

I took the Zephyr eastbound from Emeryville to Denver in August, and there was (bad) coffee all day. As noted above, it was probably still the same coffee that had been brewed in the morning, but at least it was available.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 1:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I was on the Silver Meteor two weeks ago and the coffee was only available in the morning
Old Nov 28, 2015, 3:56 pm

Saw those signs here on Train 14. Not impressed with Parlor Car this trip No movie and yes the signs for coffee are up. Luckily, we had our attendant Great Guy always checking in have his own brew to use with cinnamon. Train 3 had a good attendant too named Steve always checking in making sure we were all set. Finishing our trip now up in Seattle via the only day that was not blacked out having a thru fare for Thanksgiving. Did the trip Albuquerque to Seattle flying direct to Denver from Bradley and driving to ABQ fun drive it was a day before a winter storm. One thing I might add is I kinda do wish they did something special for thanksgiving especially for the crew who have to work.

Last edited by OZ Man; Nov 28, 2015 at 4:03 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.