Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chris Christie kicked off Amtrak Quiet Car

Old Oct 25, 2015, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold Elite, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Best Western Diamond Select

HA! My biggest Amtrak fantasy come to life... with the extra added bonus of it being someone I dislike.

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/10/...apologies.html
Old Oct 25, 2015, 1:30 pm

This is too funny. Christie and quiet car - together in one sentence - is begging for a joke or something like this...
Old Oct 25, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Don't automatically believe everything you read or see in the media:

Listen. I'm no @ChrisChristie fan, but this @Gawker story isn't close to accurate. He was sitting at my table.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Even if you just read the Gawker article for the actual facts and eliminate the unfounded editorializing, what you end up with is "Person gets on train in the quiet car talking on the phone; person is told they are on the quiet car; person leaves the quiet car." No story here at all.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold Elite, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by Fredd
There are tables in the Quiet Car now?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 11:49 am

I believe there are on Acela.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by musicalbox
I believe there are on Acela.
Thanks. I didn't know. I've only taken it a few times and couldn't remember if there were tables or not because I always sit in the back of the car, thus never really walk through it.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 11:26 pm

Acela does have a few tables for groups of 4. Only ridden round trip once. On my ride to New York in Quiet Car last year - 4 lawyers kept a loud conversation up at one of these - no one chastised them or told them to shut up - including conductor.

Multiple sources other than Gawker have reported this story. But even after exiting Quiet Car - he technically was still breaking Amtrak policy. Enjoying a smoothie from The Golden Arches inside Cafe Car. As far as I'm aware on ALL Amtrak trains outside food is NOT supposed to be consumed in Cafe Car only at your seat.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 10:01 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by Iggyz
As far as I'm aware on ALL Amtrak trains outside food is NOT supposed to be consumed in Cafe Car only at your seat.
Not quite. In this particular situation, you'd be correct. However, on Superliner equipment, personal food is permitted on the upper level of the cafe/lounge car.

http://www.amtrak.com/personal-food-...ges-medication
Old Oct 29, 2015, 8:37 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by Freckles68
There are tables in the Quiet Car now?
Aren't the Quiet Cars the same as the rest of the (non-first class) cars?
Old Oct 30, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by bitburgr
Each Acela train has a single Quiet Car, which is always adjacent to the first class car. The Quiet Car is a regular Business Class Acela car.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Originally Posted by bitburgr
Pretty much. The Quiet Car (next to the First Class car) is the same as two of the other three Business Class Cars. The Business Class car at the end of the train is slightly different.

Acela Car Diagrams

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.