Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

When is the last date to transfer Ultimate Rewards to Amtrak?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2015, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador

I thought the last day to transfer was towards the end of September, but now I am trying to search through old blog posts, and can't find any information about it! Did I miss it?
Old Sep 27, 2015, 1:33 pm

They have not said it's officially ending. Just that it's available until further notice.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by musicalbox
They have not said it's officially ending. Just that it's available until further notice.
Yep. All they have said is that it is still available until further notice.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blase
I thought the last day to transfer was towards the end of September, but now I am trying to search through old blog posts, and can't find any information about it! Did I miss it?
I think you got the last day to transfer confused with the last day of the Chase AGR card existing. It's the Chase AGR credit card that will stop existing at the end of September (converted to a Chase Freedom card for anyone who still has it at that point). Some people mistakenly linked the ending of the Chase AGR credit card with the ending of Chase UR transfers, but they're totally separate (except for both being Chase), and nothing has been announced yet about whether (and if so, when) Chase UR transfers to AGR might end.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:21 pm

Anthony posted today that Dec 7th would be the last day to transfer UR points to AGR.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by stevester
Anthony posted today that Dec 7th would be the last day to transfer UR points to AGR.
A date which live in infamy. (BTW, link: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtra...e-rewards.html)
Old Sep 30, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, BOA Travel Visa,
Such a shame. The Ultimate Rewards program is a great program. And the extra opportunities to earn points (Double points on dining) are no where on the BOA cards. AGR is wrong in getting rid of this option as it only gives members more flexibility and the AGR program more rewarding. I have transferred 500,000 points to AGR from UR and that should last me a very long time. I got the no fee AGR BOA card so my points won't expire. But I love my Sapphire preferred card and have no plans to stop using it after the Dec 7th cutoff. At that time Ill let the points build up towards air fare redemptions. And the biggest benefit of the Sapphire Preferred Card which neither BOA card have is that the Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) is primary NOT secondary like it is on the BOA cards. This alone can save you a lot of money on rentals. With secondary any claims go to your automobile insurance which is primary unless the CDW is noted as primary. This is a huge reason not to drop your Sapphire Preferred card.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by discocoaster
Such a shame.
Such a shame that you're double-posting, which is against FT rules. I seem to remember reading exactly the same long paragraph in another thread here a few minutes ago.

Originally Posted by discocoaster
AGR is wrong in getting rid of this option as it only gives members more flexibility and the AGR program more rewarding.
Huh? AGR looks at it from a business perspective. How is making the AGR program more rewarding good for their business?

You don't seem to be looking at it from their perspective, just from your own perspective. AGR wants to make money, not to make the AGR program more rewarding (unless doing the latter makes them more money).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.