Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Family Bedroom Vs Superliner Bedroom Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Hi All,

This is my first trip on Amtrak. I made a redemption for a Family Bedroom (2 Adults and 2 Child) on Empire Builder (2 Zone 40,000). I was looking at the Amtrak website they have something called Superliner Bedroom Suite (two Superliner Bedrooms joined together) Will the cost of redemption for this be 40,000 or will they charge 80,000 for the Superliner Bedroom Suite if i change my booking ?

Superliner Bedroom Suite http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/Conten...=1241210576129

Family Bedroom http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/Satell...mily%20Bedroom

Thanks.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
that would be 80k points, it's just two separate room bookings using adjoining rooms.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by acrollet
that would be 80k points, it's just two separate room bookings using adjoining rooms.
I think that is not true, I just checked the redemption guidelines, it says that
Sleeping car redemption's must follow the recommended capacity guidelines as published on Amtrak.com.

Capacity Guidelines : http://www.amtrak.com/onboard-the-tr...accommodations

So if we had 4 adults in our booking I can book the bedroom suite for 40,000

Has anyone redeemed AGR for a Superliner Bedroom Suite.

Thanks.

Last edited by INDFlyer; Aug 20, 2015 at 1:56 pm
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: AGR
The redeem page does not list the Bedroom Suite in the points required column. That is a serious omission by AGR Amtrak. However, a bedroom suite is defined as two connected bedrooms. Therefore, 2x the points of one bedroom. Sorry !
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by INDFlyer
So if we had 4 adults in our booking I can book the bedroom suite for 40,000
Thanks.
You probably thought to yourself, "Wow, this is too good to be true." And, of course, it is. T'would be nice, though. But, if you still think you can do it, by all means call AGR and ask.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: UA S/AGR S+/MR G/SW CP/AA Plat
I can definitely confirm that the "suite" has to be booked as two bedrooms and make sure they book them as connected rooms. The last Time I did that (myself, wife, daughter, and grandmother) the phone agent initially selected two separate rooms. I had the room chart in front of me and noted it to the agent who quickly corrected it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.