FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Amtrak | Guest Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtrak-guest-rewards-399/)
-   -   New Amtrak Guest Rewards MasterCard arriving Fall 2015 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtrak-guest-rewards/1700885-new-amtrak-guest-rewards-mastercard-arriving-fall-2015-a.html)

AGR Insider Aug 7, 15 11:01 am

New Amtrak Guest Rewards MasterCard arriving Fall 2015
 
The new Amtrak Guest Rewards® MasterCard® credit card arrives Fall 2015. More information will be coming soon about the new benefits and features that will make our card even more rewarding.

If you have the Amtrak Guest Rewards® MasterCard® credit card from Chase, you can continue to use your card and will continue to earn Amtrak Guest Rewards points. You will receive communication in advance prior to any changes being made to your Amtrak Guest Rewards credit card from Chase.

Anthony Rizos
Director, Member Experience Solutions
Amtrak
Washington, D.C.

OZ Man Aug 7, 15 11:15 am


Originally Posted by AGR Insider (Post 25236307)
The new Amtrak Guest Rewards® MasterCard® credit card arrives Fall 2015. More information will be coming soon about the new benefits and features that will make our card even more rewarding.

If you have the Amtrak Guest Rewards® MasterCard® credit card from Chase, you can continue to use your card and will continue to earn Amtrak Guest Rewards points. You will receive communication in advance prior to any changes being made to your Amtrak Guest Rewards credit card from Chase.

Anthony Rizos
Director, Member Experience Solutions
Amtrak
Washington, D.C.

Thank you Anthony!
I hope it is a 1.5 to 2x card
10% rebate I'm hopeful for too.

MrChu Aug 7, 15 11:32 am

Is it still a Chase product?

tonei Aug 7, 15 11:33 am


Originally Posted by MrChu (Post 25236438)
Is it still a Chase product?

My guess is no, based on the wording of his statement…

NYCRuss Aug 7, 15 11:39 am


Originally Posted by tonei (Post 25236445)
My guess is no, based on the wording of his statement…

My guess is Citi. They've done a bit of partner raiding lately. AGR would bolster the TY points program, which seems like even more incentive for Citi to make a winning offer.

MrChu Aug 7, 15 12:37 pm

I'm hoping that there is a small chance it's a Barclays or BOA product! I'm mostly Chased out and close to maxed out with Citi:)

physioprof Aug 7, 15 12:44 pm

This would be terrible for me if it really is a move away from Chase and it also means that Chase Ultimate Reward points will no longer be transferrable 1:1 to AGR points.

DaxOmni Aug 7, 15 1:03 pm


Originally Posted by AGR Insider (Post 25236307)
You will receive communication in advance prior to any changes being made to your Amtrak Guest Rewards credit card from Chase.

Anthony Rizos
Director, Member Experience Solutions
Amtrak
Washington, D.C.

Does this include advance notice of any changes to Chase Ultimate Rewards transfer options?

printman2000 Aug 7, 15 1:14 pm


Originally Posted by DaxOmni (Post 25236864)
Does this include advance notice of any changes to Chase Ultimate Rewards transfer options?

This. We need to know this before it stops.

OZ Man Aug 7, 15 1:49 pm


Originally Posted by printman2000 (Post 25236917)
This. We need to know this before it stops.

Same It will change $10,000 trip I have planned (thats 20,000 AGR points) to sapphire preferred

avagyan Aug 7, 15 2:50 pm

read here too link

don't know why it was necessary to create a new tread


also I've received a snail-mail from Amtrak that if I'd go to my AGR account and subscribe to e-mails they will give me 500 pts

DivMiler Aug 7, 15 5:35 pm


Originally Posted by avagyan (Post 25237318)
don't know why it was necessary to create a new tread

Easy -- the older thread was rumor-based; this one is based on facts, from "the horse's mouth."

HokieNav Aug 7, 15 5:51 pm


Originally Posted by printman2000 (Post 25236917)
This. We need to know this before it stops.

Another request for a heads up of the Ultimate Rewards transfer is going to go away.

isle-hawg Aug 8, 15 3:15 pm


Originally Posted by AGR Insider (Post 25236307)
You will receive communication in advance prior to any changes being made to your Amtrak Guest Rewards credit card from Chase.

My plan when getting this card was to keep it forever. I am doubting that will be possible in the future based on above comment and Amtrak shutting down the former BOA card. Holding out (very slim) hope that we can keep our current card like we are able to Barclay's US Air/AA MC.

Perhaps reading/speculating too much into it, but it appears to me it will be another issuer for the new card. My guess like others is that it is Citi but prefer it to be Barclay or BOA if not Chase.

regoarrarr Aug 8, 15 5:55 pm


Originally Posted by avagyan (Post 25237318)
read here too link

don't know why it was necessary to create a new tread


also I've received a snail-mail from Amtrak that if I'd go to my AGR account and subscribe to e-mails they will give me 500 pts

I got that 500 point notice in the mail as well

http://www.pointswithacrew.com/500-b...ails-targeted/


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:33 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.