Chase AGR Mastercard?

Old Jul 23, 15, 2:31 am
ls

Programs: MR PLT, HLT DIA
or switch to citi
Old Jul 27, 15, 1:44 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, AGR
Chase CSR said they will soon be sending out Chipped versions of the AGR Mastercard, when I inquired about it today.

He was also surprised when I mentioned that it didn't support Apple Pay as he thought all Chase cards did and then when he looked it up and saw that it wasn't apologized, but had him submit a request to have it supported FWIW.

(Usual CSR disclaimer about taking what they say with a grain of salt and most of them don't know what they're talking about).
Old Aug 7, 15, 2:20 pm

News: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtra...ll-2015-a.html
Old Aug 27, 15, 11:49 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards
The changes are for the worse

Last edited by discocoaster; Aug 27, 15 at 12:07 pm
Old Sep 13, 15, 1:24 pm

Programs: United 'Cattle Car', American, JetBlue Airways, Marriott Rewards 'Gold', Amtrak AGR 'Select'
Bye bye Chase/Amtrak partnership - but I'll keep Chase Freedom

While getting the BofA card no annual fee. It was nice to have chase and amtrak together for a little while. Joe G.
Old Oct 17, 15, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I made a purchase on the Chase AGR card in September, and my statement (already showing as a Freedom statement) closed Oct 7. My points from this finally showed up on the AGR site in the last 24 hours or so, and show as "CREDIT CARD" and "ADJUSTMENT" on the online AGR statement, with a date of Oct 1, which is neither my purchase date nor the statement close date, but is the day after the card stopped funcitoning a Chase AGR card (and started functioning as a Freedom card).
Old Oct 19, 15, 9:07 am

Programs: AA, WN, BA, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Can Chase send out the Freedom cards already? They knew about the switch weeks ago and the Freedom account appeared on online list of accounts, but they are really slow in actually sending out the new cards.
Old Oct 19, 15, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by littlemookie View Post
Can Chase send out the Freedom cards already? They knew about the switch weeks ago and the Freedom account appeared on online list of accounts, but they are really slow in actually sending out the new cards.
Mine arrived in the mail Thursday or Friday.
Old Oct 19, 15, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But why the hurry? Didn't Chase already say that starting Oct 1, until you get the new Freedom card, your Chase AGR card will earn into your new Freedom account anyway?

Unless you're trying to make reservations of some sort well in advance and thus need the new card number (but that's not what the quarterly bonus on Freedom is for this quarter), why can't you just use the card you have until you get the Freedom card?
Old Oct 20, 15, 6:52 pm

I'm not happy with Chase right now. I have three transactions on 9/30/15 (with post dates of 10/1/15) on my account and did NOT get the points transferred to AGR with the rest of my post-September closing date points. One of the transactions is over $1000 so you know I'm not crying over a few points. I sent the a secure message tonight and the first response I got was

"The points transferred on October 01, 2015 were the rewards earned for all the purchases posted till September 30, 2015. As the points were already transferred, no further adjustments are required."

**bold is my edit**

I replied back that I'm sure the end of the program was 11:59:59 pm 9/30 and therefore my transactions that day should be transferred to AGR. Am now waiting for their next reply.

Edit: My inquiry has been sent to the appropriate dept for review.

Last edited by AmtrakBlue; Oct 20, 15 at 7:19 pm
Old Oct 20, 15, 7:57 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by AmtrakBlue View Post
I'm not happy with Chase right now. I have three transactions on 9/30/15 (with post dates of 10/1/15) on my account and did NOT get the points transferred to AGR with the rest of my post-September closing date points. One of the transactions is over $1000 so you know I'm not crying over a few points. I sent the a secure message tonight and the first response I got was

"The points transferred on October 01, 2015 were the rewards earned for all the purchases posted till September 30, 2015. As the points were already transferred, no further adjustments are required."

**bold is my edit**

I replied back that I'm sure the end of the program was 11:59:59 pm 9/30 and therefore my transactions that day should be transferred to AGR. Am now waiting for their next reply.

Edit: My inquiry has been sent to the appropriate dept for review.
Typical credit card policy is that the date of a transaction is the date that the merchant posts it. So if you eat dinner on 9/30, but the restaurant posts the charge on 10/1, it is a 10/1 transaction. Makes sense, as how is a credit card company supposed to adjudicate when a transaction occurred other than by when a merchant posts a charge?
Old Oct 21, 15, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA, WN, BA, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Chase AGR Mastercard?

I want the new cards already since I have authorized users and the card is linked to various recurring payments. I just want to switch over to the new cards and not have to keep on top of the situation.
Old Oct 22, 15, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA, DL, HA, WN, UA, B6, KX, Amtrak, HHonors Silver, SPG
I already switched my recurring payments from my Chase AGR MC to my Capital One QS cashback Visa. I already cut up my old Chase MC card and agree they are rather slow in sending out the new ones.
Originally was planning just to dump the new Chase card but may keep for a few reasons:
1. Free trip interruption/trip cancellation insurance (hopefully trips purchased on prior card but not taken yet will still have this cover with the new card). Rare benefit on a no-fee card. Never had to collect on it but it beats paying top dollar for a stand alone policy on a per trip basis.
2. The quarterly 5% cash back for rotating categories beats what I get on my Cap1 card...but the 1.5% cash back I get for all Cap1 purchases does beat the standard Chase 1% rate. Would use the new Chase card as my primary card if they had a better standard cashback rate but at 1% it's going to be secondary.
3. Backup of another credit card if I'm traveling and there's a security breach.
Old Oct 28, 15, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by physioprof View Post
Typical credit card policy is that the date of a transaction is the date that the merchant posts it. So if you eat dinner on 9/30, but the restaurant posts the charge on 10/1, it is a 10/1 transaction. Makes sense, as how is a credit card company supposed to adjudicate when a transaction occurred other than by when a merchant posts a charge?
They finally got back to me and pretty much said the same thing - it posted on 10/1/15. But they know the transaction date was 9/30/15 because they show the transaction date online (and on the statement, I believe). So I don't think that should be a valid excuse. I wouldn't care if it was small transactions but one of them was over $1000.
Old Oct 28, 15, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by littlemookie View Post
I want the new cards already since I have authorized users and the card is linked to various recurring payments. I just want to switch over to the new cards and not have to keep on top of the situation.
I called Chase today and was told my Chase Freedom card was sent to me on October 26, 2015. I was also told if I registered my new card number for the 5% bonus (you can look it up online by downloading the new statement), but I used my old Amtrak MasterCard, I would get the 5% bonus (which is important because it applies to Amazon purchases). The rep stated I could keep using the old card until I got my new card provided the card had not yet expired.

I see no reason whatever to use the Freedom card this quarter except to get the 5% bonus. Other credit cards, like my Chase Sapphire Preferred and my Starwood Amex are far more rewarding in most cases.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: