Not Really a Sale?

Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, National Executive
Not Really a Sale?

I recieved an email that says

Enjoy discounted monthly and Ten-Ride Tickets on the Capitol Corridor through March 15, 2015
Now through March 15, take advantage of our discounted monthly and Ten-Ride Tickets on the Capitol Corridor®. By opting for train travel, you'll skip the hassles and headaches of traffic and enjoy a comfortable and convenient way to travel between Davis, CA and Auburn, CA. But hurry, these discounts won't last forever.

There is a "Buy Now" button but it just takes you to the normal place on Amtrak.com to buy a 10 ride ticket and just produces the normal fare. ($162.00 for RIC - SAC)

Is there really a sale?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Greytop
I recieved an email that says

Enjoy discounted monthly and Ten-Ride Tickets on the Capitol Corridor through March 15, 2015
Now through March 15, take advantage of our discounted monthly and Ten-Ride Tickets on the Capitol Corridor®. By opting for train travel, you'll skip the hassles and headaches of traffic and enjoy a comfortable and convenient way to travel between Davis, CA and Auburn, CA. But hurry, these discounts won't last forever.

There is a "Buy Now" button but it just takes you to the normal place on Amtrak.com to buy a 10 ride ticket and just produces the normal fare. ($162.00 for RIC - SAC)

Is there really a sale?
So the email says travel between Davis & Auburn is on sale ($70 vs. $92) and you are expecting a discount on Richmond to Sacramento? Sounds like a very specific market Amtrak is trying to attract (i.e. UCD students/staff).
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
The sale is targeted towards the Placer County market to try to keep up/boost the ridership numbers in that market.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, National Executive
Darn Fine Print

Yes. Now that it's pointed out it is clear that it is a VERY specific offer.

Thanks to all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.