Acela first - which end?

Old Jul 4, 2014, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Independent
Acela first - which end?

On Acela trains from NYP to BOS, which end of the train is the first class car on?
Old Jul 4, 2014, 7:13 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
There is no way to know for sure. It could be at the head end or it could be in the rear. You have a 50/50 chance as to which end it will be on.

If you're in one of the Club Acela's, they usually announce which end. If you're at one of the other stations, the overhead displays usually tell you where to stand for the FC car.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 5:54 pm

Programs: AGR
The regular and CA ticket agents can pull up the information on their screen, just ask. Having said that, I once was told the wrong end at PHL by the Club Acela agent. The loaded train had to wait while I walked the length of the train on the platform to the FC car.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 8:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold Elite, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by Cloudship
On Acela trains from NYP to BOS, which end of the train is the first class car on?
I was on one today, and it was at the back.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by AlanB
There is no way to know for sure. It could be at the head end or it could be in the rear. You have a 50/50 chance as to which end it will be on.

If you're in one of the Club Acela's, they usually announce which end. If you're at one of the other stations, the overhead displays usually tell you where to stand for the FC car.
It doesn't always display in PVD so I always just ask at the ticket window. They look it up on the computer and just tell me front or back.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
You can also call the S+ line and they can look it up. I often do this enroute to the station.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: BA, Best Western, Miles & More
Phl - Bos in May & Acela first was at the rear.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Independent
Was rear on this train as well. Never made it to Boston - they offloaded us in Providence and I guess turned the train back around to New York due to some breakdown. Crammed us all on the regional into Boston.

they also had part of the Club blocked off for someone, never found out who.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.