Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thruway Connection at Flagstaff

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2013, 8:04 am

With regard to renting a car in Flagstaff, I would call a few car rental agencies before giving up on it. When I was in the Flagstaff station two months ago, I noticed evidence that there was provision for picking up and dropping off rental cars there. It might be a local agency will leave keys and rental papers with the station agent. I have actually done this in Newton, KS, on the Chief.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
Originally Posted by peteypablo
With regard to renting a car in Flagstaff, I would call a few car rental agencies before giving up on it. When I was in the Flagstaff station two months ago, I noticed evidence that there was provision for picking up and dropping off rental cars there. It might be a local agency will leave keys and rental papers with the station agent. I have actually done this in Newton, KS, on the Chief.
Yep used to be Hertz but as I said in a previous post "You cannot p/u at Hertz FLG after 6 PM and even though it says after hours P/U is available 1) you cannot book it. 2) A Hertz agent will tell you it is unavailable. 3) Hertz 24/7 has not assigned any cars to Flagstaff so even though that shows as an option it is not available. I have even sent an email to the local Hertz office and not even got an answer.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
You can rent a car at flagstaff

I took the bull by the horns and tracked down the manager of Hertz in Flagstaff.

He stated that it is possible to rent.
He stated that those wanting a reservation should call the facility directly at (928) 226 0120 and someone there will be happy to assist you in making the reservation. You cannot book online as he does not normally staff the location but if someone has a reservation an agent will be there to meet the train.
He apologized for Hertz central agents not knowing/conveying this information.
Hertz 24/7 is not available because the station has not allowed any spaces to be assigned to the rental program.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by darben
Hertz 24/7 is not available because the station has not allowed any spaces to be assigned to the rental program.
Who owns the station? If Amtrak, is this something AGR Insider can pass up the food chain to see if they can look at allowing this?
Old Sep 13, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Agr insider

Amtrak doesn't own many of its own stations outside the NEC. As is common, FLG is owned by the city itself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.