Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

5/19 E-Ticket Receipt for Acela Reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2013, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Enough to travel better

I'm checking to see if others had trouble with receiving an e-ticket receipt via e-mail for Acela and NE Regional reservations from WAS to NYP recently.

Whenever I book on Amtrak, I always request an e-ticket receipt via e-mail. Last Sunday's (5/19) booking was the first time in a long time that I did not receive an e-ticket receipt/confirmation. The next day, I checked My Trip on Amtrak's website and requested that travel documents be sent to me via e-mail. Still no luck getting a confirmation or the travel documents via e-mail even though My Trip shows my reservation as confirmed.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Last edited by tonywestsider; May 21, 2013 at 6:45 am
Old May 21, 2013, 7:46 am

Last time I bought I noticed that QuikTrak was the default option checked off when paying. I thought I had remembered e-ticket always being the default since they rolled it out. I didn't notice it until I was hitting confirm/purchase. I could be wrong but sounded similar and was this past Saturday. Would've been 5/18 from WAS to NYP on a regional.

I didn't give it a second thought since I was able to have the travel docs emailed through the My Trips part fine though.
Old May 22, 2013, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your comments. I did notice the QuickTrak default as well. After online purchase, the website says that an e-ticket confirmation is being sent to my e-mail address so it made me wonder what went on.

I finally got my e-ticket confirmation yesterday via e-mail, 48 hours after online purchase.
Old May 27, 2013, 5:25 am

Programs: BA GfL
I'm still waiting for an e-ticket receipt for one of the two reservations I made on May 23. The reservation is listed in the "My Trips" section of the iPhone app, so it went through, but I never got the receipt.
Old May 29, 2013, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

I'm wondering if there is a systemwide problem with Amtrak reservations or if the problem is just with the Northeast Corridor. For now, you might need to request travel documents in My Trip. Assuming you already did and neither the e-ticket receipt nor the travel document reached you by e-mail yet represents a problem.
Old May 29, 2013, 6:45 pm

Programs: BA GfL
I couldn't get it through My Trip on the Amtrak website. Had to call, and push pretty hard, because the agent said "I can't send another receipt because the system said it already sent it and we can only send one." I kept on pounding and what do you know, he managed to send another one.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

I'm following up to mention that I had two more NE Regional reservations booked over last weekend. Both e-ticket receipts appeared almost instantaneously in my e-mail box after purchasing so there must have been a reservations glitch the week before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.