Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Announcing our newest Amtrak Guest Rewards promotion – Double Days.

Old Aug 28, 12, 2:34 pm
Company Representative - Amtrak
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)

Autumn is coming with great rewards for all of our Amtrak Guest Rewards® members; this fall marks the arrival of our newest Amtrak Guest Rewards promotion - Double Days.

Register tomorrow, August 29, 2012, and travel Amtrak from September 5 through November 16, 2012 to earn double points on all Amtrak travel. That’s any route, anywhere, with twice the point earnings. So travel Amtrak this autumn to arrive at rewards even faster. Visit AmtrakGuestRewards.com/DoubleDays to register tomorrow.

Visit us online tomorrow and register to start earning great autumn rewards during Double Days.

Registration required. Terms and conditions apply.

Becky Parks
Senior Marketing Officer, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Old Aug 28, 12, 3:23 pm

Programs: AGR Executive, UA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HH Diamond
Now that's a promotion which favors frequent travelers (S+) ^^^ rather than the lame one during the summer !!
Old Aug 29, 12, 9:36 am

So I bought tickets on the Lake Shore Limited traveling Nov. 1-4 for 30% off thanks to another promo going on right now.

I assume that I would also get double points on that since I just registered for this promo as well.
Old Aug 29, 12, 10:17 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by tearex View Post
So I bought tickets on the Lake Shore Limited traveling Nov. 1-4 for 30% off thanks to another promo going on right now.

I assume that I would also get double points on that since I just registered for this promo as well.
It's been my experience with previous double points promotions that you get the double points regardless of what kind of discounts have been applied to your ticket.
Old Aug 29, 12, 11:29 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by MrChu View Post
Now that's a promotion which favors frequent travelers (S+) ^^^ rather than the lame one during the summer !!
Not only does it favor S+ members, but also monthly pass riders, because the promo starts Wednesday, September 5th, which is only the second normal business day of the month (assuming you have Labor Day off and are using your pass to commute during the workweek). If you have an alternate means of getting where you need to go on Tuesday the 4th or can otherwise wait until the 5th to buy your pass, then you can squeeze three monthly passes during the promo period, since it runs through November 16th.
Old Aug 29, 12, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by fairviewroad View Post
It's been my experience with previous double points promotions that you get the double points regardless of what kind of discounts have been applied to your ticket.
Sweet... I might book an extra trip now!
Old Aug 29, 12, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by AGR Insider View Post
travel Amtrak from September 5 through November 16, 2012 to earn double points on all Amtrak travel.
[bolding mine]

To clarify, not ALL Amtrak travel is eligible for double points. Only the first two one-way trips per day. So if you are leaving CHI, NYP, LAX, WAS, EMY, PHL etc on an expensive sleeper ticket, do NOT take a quickie round-trip points run earlier in the day on a local corridor train. Because in all likelihood your cheapie r/t tickets will max you out on the double points, and your pricey sleeper ticket will just earn the normal rate.
Old Aug 29, 12, 7:47 pm

Are those double points, tier qualifying points?
Old Aug 29, 12, 8:23 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 4now View Post
Are those double points, tier qualifying points?
No.
Old Sep 8, 12, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Glob, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Registered! Always love a good double points promotion!

Search this Thread