Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Unprocessed ticket: no missing points post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2011, 8:03 am
Original Poster

I just had a very nice discussion with a woman in AGR customer service. I called to find out if she could help me with a missing points request that I have submitted, twice, but has not gone through. She told me that the conductor has not processed the ticket, so they cannot post the points. She told me she would track it and asked me to call back next week (it's been four weeks since the trip).

My question to the group: anyone have experience with this? Any advice?
Old Nov 23, 2011, 9:37 am

I've had some short journeys where the conductor did not have time to come thru and collect the tickets. I put in a missing points request thru the website but after a month nothing had posted so I e-mailed AGR thru the link on the website explaining the situation and giving them my AGR and ticket numbers and within a day the points posted.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by asandrs
I've had some short journeys where the conductor did not have time to come thru and collect the tickets. I put in a missing points request thru the website but after a month nothing had posted so I e-mailed AGR thru the link on the website explaining the situation and giving them my AGR and ticket numbers and within a day the points posted.
Good to know. Was this recently? I have never had any luck getting points for an uncollected ticket, whether over the phone or through email/AGR website.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:20 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
I would not attempt nor expect to receive points for an uncollected ticket. Be grateful you got a free ride, and apply the ticket to a future trip for which you're actually entitled to the points.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
Minority view

I am in the minority here but if they say the ticket has not been processed ask for a refund.
Use refund to buy points.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Even collected tickets don't process property, so there's not much difference.

I did a round trip on the CZ, posted tickets showed me returning before I left. Turns out they post as of when the train leaves it's first station. With that I would loose out on the double bonus that started a day after the train started it's journey. Took two calls and a supervisor to get the bonus and then only as a goodwill posting.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
I had a ticket for a 1-stop trip on the Piedmont. It wasn't even collected. I just mailed in a piece of the ticket (whatever I had- I don't recall if it was the stub or the main piece) and I got the points.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info

I am going to mail the ticket in and see if I get the points that way. AGR says that there is "no evidence of travel related to that reservation number" and instructed me to mail in the ticket stub.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 12:25 am
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by rewindrw
I am going to mail the ticket in and see if I get the points that way. AGR says that there is "no evidence of travel related to that reservation number" and instructed me to mail in the ticket stub.
Make copies of your ticket stub and mail them in. If you mail the actual stub and it gets lost, you no longer have any proof!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

The points posted!

I followed the advice above and sent a copy of my stub into AGR. I dropped the note in the mail Monday and the points posted today. Thanks for the guidance, friends.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:57 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Glad to hear it all worked out!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.