Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Update on the AGR partnership with Continental/United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Update on the AGR partnership with Continental/United

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: DL Plat, B6 Mosaic
FYI, I had contacted the United Club service center about two weeks ago (before my membership expired) and asked them the question about access for Select+ members post 2/28. Here is the response I just received:

Dear Mr. K:

Thank you for contacting the United Club Service Center.

Amtrak Select Plus card members who have “Club Acela Access” do have access to United Club lounges through 02/08/13.

Best Regards,

Dawn Bailey
United Club Service Center

I know several of you have posted success with getting into the clubs, but this is the first acknowledgment on paper that i've come across from United and i'm going to print this as backup for my next few flights. ^
Old Mar 9, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: OnePass Infinite CO MM, PC Charter Lifer SkyMiles GM, MileagePlus
Thanks

Very good news CK as it would seem that

reciprocity would also have been granted
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
It seems as if the airports with good Amtrak service nearby recognize the S+ card more frequently. My home of DFW, I seem to get a weird look at first, but I think they are starting to recognize me. When I had the 2011 card, I would get it sent back to me and say the card said "2011." I simply told them if they swiped the card, the computer would say it expires at the end of Feb.

A couple times, I've been asked for a boarding pass, and I just said I was taking a different airline. The other time, I had an international First BP anyway on me, so I just showed it rather than arguing.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
Swiped at ORD and SFO yesterday.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL Plat, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by palmetto86
Swiped at ORD and SFO yesterday.
^
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
No issue at MCO, card swiped just fine.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AGR SE, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, MR Gold
Success at HNL. Was a little worried about this one, but there seems to be general awareness of prior drama and fact that it is now accepted. ^
Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:09 am

Programs: BA GfL
No problems today at PHL. I've never been in the RCC here before, as I rarely fly UA and have never been more than Premier Silver, but here I am in the lounge now. (It is pretty lame, too, but I'll take it!) When I handed my S+ card to the guy at the desk, he said, "I've never seen one of these before," but gamely swiped it and then welcomed me in.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:02 am

Any news regarding UC member access to clubacela in DC and NYC?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Mad_Max_Esq
My Father is a Red President's Club® Lifetime Member and used the NYP Club Acela the other day without issue.

Dan
Old Mar 16, 2012, 4:10 pm
Original Member

Programs: SPG/Marriott Lifetime Gold, Amtrak Guest Rewards, UA Silver
No Problem Using United Club Card at Club Acela Philadelphia

I and my daughter used my United Club card (actually, still a Continental Presidents' Club card) to enter the Club Acela at Philadelphia's 30th Street Station on March 16, 2012.

The agent looked at the card, asked which train I was taking (a Keystone to Harrisburg), asked if we wanted to take the elevator down (I said yes) and all was well.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:59 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by DivMiler
taking (a Keystone to Harrisburg), asked if we wanted to take the elevator down (I said yes) and all was well.
Wow, you got lucky. My understanding is that usually the Keystones pull in on a track that you cannot access from the lounge.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 7:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Mad_Max_Esq
I entered the Union Station Club Acela last week using my RCC card (11 numeric digits). Agent had to type in my number manually but otherwise no issues whatsoever.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 8:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: SPG/Marriott Lifetime Gold, Amtrak Guest Rewards, UA Silver
Originally Posted by AlanB
Wow, you got lucky. My understanding is that usually the Keystones pull in on a track that you cannot access from the lounge.
You know, that's what I thought I had read here. My original plan was to take my daughter (age 6) up there, use the restrooms, pick up a few snacks and a newspaper for the ride back to Harrisburg, and get back in the (already long) line for the Keystone (we got to the station about twenty minutes before the mid-afternoon departure).

After getting a couple of drinks, the agent asked me if I wanted to take the elevator or if I wanted to go downstairs to get in line.

If I remember correctly, we took elevator 4 to track 7.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:52 am

Thanks for the updates, everybody!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.