AGR & Autotrain

Old Jul 18, 2011, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat and that is that!
AGR & Autotrain

Hi

I am sorry ... I tried to find something definitive both on the AGR website and here ... is there an option to use AGR for the autotrain?

It would be one adult and one car.

And being greedy...is there a set of 2012 blackout dates?

Thanks!
Zack
Old Jul 18, 2011, 8:49 pm

Yes, you can redeem AGR points for travel on the Auto Train. The points required is the same as for any one zone trip: 5500 points for coach; 15,000 points for a roomette; 20,000 points for a bedroom. In addition, you will need to redeem 10,000 points for a regular vehicle or 15,000 points for an oversized vehicle.

The 2012 blackout dates are listed at https://amtrakguestrewards.com/catal...t=amtrakTravel
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:36 pm

I'll be honest, the car cost (in points) is the killer on this one for me.

I'd rather accumulate points on the autotrain and spend them when I only have myself and my family to transport.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by byronczimmer
I'll be honest, the car cost (in points) is the killer on this one for me.

I'd rather accumulate points on the autotrain and spend them when I only have myself and my family to transport.
Can you pay for the car (and earn points) but ride for free?
Old Sep 9, 2011, 8:04 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards,many FF programs
Paying for part of an autotrain reservation

I asked Amtrak the same question. They said you can't use points for passenger(s) and pay for auto or the reverse. In other words you can't split the reservation.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 8:07 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards,many FF programs
Originally Posted by clarelouise44
I asked Amtrak the same question. They said you can't use points for passenger(s) and pay for auto or the reverse. In other words you can't split the reservation.

Last edited by clarelouise44; Sep 9, 2011 at 8:09 pm Reason: duplicate

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.