Question about AMT Policy

Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:17 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Dan,

I'm glad that you got something for the trouble that you feel was fair to both you and Amtrak.

If I bump into one of the attendants that I know well, and I know a few, I'll try to find out what the policy is. Don't expect an immediate answer though, as I currently have no Acela rides planned for the next month or so, and of course I also need to pick the right run to meet up with someone that I know will tell me the truth.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Alan, I much appreciate your offer of a little "detective" work and look forward to any info that you may be able to sleuth out.

My sense, form talking with the AMT CS person (who could not have been nicer) and my general experiences with ACELA F tell me that most likely I got a bad attendant. ACELA F has some truly excellent First Class attendants (and I have told AMT about them) and some truly awful ones as well and that makes the service a little inconstant.

I should also point out that generally I ride ACELA form WAS-NYP or WAS-WIL and rarely ever north of NYP and thus would probably never encounter a rule if did exist.

Being based in Florida and Texas my encounters with AMT are mostly on the Northeast Corridor and the Silver Star from WPB-TPA.
Dan

Last edited by dan1431; Jul 1, 2011 at 7:41 am
Old Jul 1, 2011, 9:31 am

Every first class service on Amtrak I've ever been on includes one meal per meal period {Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner}.

It's your option to forgo a service, but you should have that option.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.