FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Amtrak | Guest Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtrak-guest-rewards-399/)
-   -   Amtrak AGR Upgrade Voucher Compendium (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtrak-guest-rewards/1218268-amtrak-agr-upgrade-voucher-compendium.html)

vatraveler Feb 22, 2013 10:33 am

Originally Posted by AGR Insider (Post 19271578)
Hi All,

Thank you for alerting us to this issue with your Amtrak Guest Rewards upgrade coupons and the 14 day advanced purchase ($49) fare. There has been no change in policy and Amtrak Guest Rewards coupons are compatible and can be used with the 14 day advanced purchase fare on the Northeast Regional. We are working to ensure that all of our agents are trained accordingly. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Best,

Becky Parks
Senior Marketing Officer, Amtrak Guest Rewards

Still having issues with this. Trying to upgrade a NYP-WDB 14-day advance fare, and the agent is attempting to charge me a $25 fare difference. Very frustrating.

AGR Insider Mar 4, 2013 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by vatraveler (Post 20297550)
Still having issues with this. Trying to upgrade a NYP-WDB 14-day advance fare, and the agent is attempting to charge me a $25 fare difference. Very frustrating.

Sorry to hear this. When this happens, please send me a private message with your reservation number so we can be sure the agent is properly trained.

vatraveler Mar 4, 2013 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by AGR Insider (Post 20360592)
Sorry to hear this. When this happens, please send me a private message with your reservation number so we can be sure the agent is properly trained.

Thanks! PM sent.

carsnoceans Mar 22, 2013 2:41 pm

Amtrak Class upgrade coupons

I just noticed my dozen or so coupons from Amtrak rewards (one-class upgrade and club acela day passes) have my name on them. Does this mean I can't use them for upgrading someone else?

My travel is paid by work and I don't need these unless traveling with a companion. Moreover my Amtrak status gets me free entry to Club Acela so these are more or less useless for me now. Is there any way I can use these to upgrade travel companions or friends/family?

nerd Mar 22, 2013 6:21 pm

Check out the sticky at the top of this forum.

AGR Insider Mar 22, 2013 7:54 pm

The coupons are fully transferable and you may give them (for free) to anyone you'd like. Even though your name is printed on the face of the coupon, anyone may use it. Hope this helps!

carsnoceans Mar 22, 2013 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by AGR Insider (Post 20466884)
The coupons are fully transferable and you may give them (for free) to anyone you'd like. Even though your name is printed on the face of the coupon, anyone may use it. Hope this helps!

Thank you! ^

Organgrinder Mar 27, 2013 7:50 pm

I used points to order some upgrade coupons from the AGR website and just received 5 companion in the mail coupons instead- has this ever happened to anyone? Guess I should call and ask them to resend.

AGR Insider Mar 28, 2013 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Organgrinder (Post 20494916)
I used points to order some upgrade coupons from the AGR website and just received 5 companion in the mail coupons instead- has this ever happened to anyone? Guess I should call and ask them to resend.

This was a one-time fulfillment error by our third-party vendor and a small group of members was affected. AGR regrets the error and the affected members are being made whole. However, if you send me a PM with your member number, we can make sure you get to the top of the list! :)

cerealmarketer Jun 7, 2013 2:59 pm

How long does it take for the 10,000 point upgrade vouchers to arrive in the mail once requested online?

hilitr Jul 2, 2013 5:10 am

Originally Posted by cerealmarketer (Post 20884088)
How long does it take for the 10,000 point upgrade vouchers to arrive in the mail once requested online?

Data point:

6/26/13 Ordered online
7/1/13 Delivered by USPS (postmarked from Philadelphia)

redgoose Dec 11, 2013 10:04 pm

Upgrade Vouchers

I am taking my daughter to celebrate a very special birthday in January and want to upgrade my acela r/t ticket on the NYP-BOS route. i don't have enough points to buy a pack of upgrade vouchers. Anyone have any ideas, suggestions, etc. to help this Senior.
Thanks so much for our help.

vatraveler Dec 15, 2013 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by redgoose (Post 21951131)
I am taking my daughter to celebrate a very special birthday in January and want to upgrade my acela r/t ticket on the NYP-BOS route. i don't have enough points to buy a pack of upgrade vouchers. Anyone have any ideas, suggestions, etc. to help this Senior.
Thanks so much for our help.

You'll have to hope for a kind-hearted soul to pass some along. Unfortunately, most of us, myself included, always use theirs. Mine are long gone.

You could alternatively buy enough points to get a pack, or you could just pay for the upgrades directly. It's lower priced on BOS-NYP than WAS-NYP.

NYC123 Dec 18, 2013 8:49 am

Expired Upgrade Vouchers

Excellent thread. Thank you to all that have organized and participated.

Does anybody have experience using expired 12hr upgrade coupons? Expiry date was 2 months ago.

Might I be able to submit one to a station agent (explaining that it is expired, not trying to be tricky)?

Thanks!

AGR Insider Dec 18, 2013 10:26 am

Originally Posted by NYC123 (Post 21987398)
Excellent thread. Thank you to all that have organized and participated.

Does anybody have experience using expired 12hr upgrade coupons? Expiry date was 2 months ago.

Might I be able to submit one to a station agent (explaining that it is expired, not trying to be tricky)?

Thanks!

Agents are trained not to accept expired coupons.

Anthony