Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crescent service interruption

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2011, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
Crescent service interruption

The Crescent is apparently suspended MON-THU between Atlanta and NOLA for the next several weeks due to track maintenance.

From the website:

On Monday through Thursday of each week beginning January 10 through February 17, Trains 19 and 20 will not operate between Atlanta and New Orleans, due to track work being performed by Norfolk Southern Railway. Please be advised that service will not be provided to or from intermediate stations.

Southbound Train 19
Train 19, which normally operates between New York and New Orleans, will terminate in Atlanta on the dates shown above. This change affects Train 19 that originates in New York Sundays through Wednesdays, January 9 through February 16, 2011 and arrives in Atlanta the following day. Service will not be provided between Atlanta, Anniston, Birmingham, Tuscaloosa, Meridian, Laurel, Hattiesburg, Picayune, Slidell and New Orleans. Northbound Train 20
Train 20, which normally originates in New Orleans and operates to New York, will originate in Atlanta on the dates shown above. Service will not be provided between New Orleans, Slidell, Picayune, Hattiesburg, Laurel, Meridian, Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, Anniston and Atlanta.

I have a trip on the Crescent this weekend and was surprised to discover this. Fortunately, I shouldn't be affected.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, HH Diam, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Discvrist, Pri Clb, WN, AA, DL, F9, Global Entry/TSA Pre
uh oh..I have a trip on #19 to NOLA planned for the middle of the week of Feb 21st..does anyone have past knowledge/experience with the cancels going further than the posted dates or should I not worry? Thanks in advance...
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:44 pm

Programs: AGR S
Being Amtrak has not control over it, really there's no way to tell. And being its Norfolk Southern, easily possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.