Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Sticky idea - travel date, route, date points posted

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2010, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton (D)

I'm always left wondering, is there an issue with my rail points posting or should I just wait longer ?

If we had a sticky with travel date, route #, and date points posted, if others were on the same itinerary, they'd know if there's an issue or not.

Thoughts ?
Old Jan 31, 2010, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, AGR, Club Carlson
Well, I'll kick this one off:

My most recent trip was MKE-CHI-BOS (Hiawatha and LSL)

Travel Date: January 15, 2010
Date Points Posted: January 29, 2010
Old Jan 31, 2010, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Wor pit 449 t 1/24 p 2/4
pit wor 448 t 1/24 p 2/4

Last edited by etna; Feb 4, 2010 at 11:22 am
Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

On the same line of thought....I sent an email to AGR asking them to consider placing a date notice on their website that states "Points for all travel on or before mm/dd/yyyy have been processed."

Their workflow should get them to point where all expected stubs from x days ago, have been collected, turned in, and reviewed.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
LAX - SAN: 1/16 1/28
SAN - LAX: 1/18 1/26

I've learned to roll with the return posting before the outbound.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by etna
On the same line of thought....I sent an email to AGR asking them to consider placing a date notice on their website that states "Points for all travel on or before mm/dd/yyyy have been processed."

Their workflow should get them to point where all expected stubs from x days ago, have been collected, turned in, and reviewed.
Stubs don't all come in at the same time/in order of travel date.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:51 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by soitgoes
Originally Posted by etna

Stubs don't all come in at the same time/in order of travel date.
Soitgoes is 100% correct, tickets come in at various times and there is no set rule as to when they'll post. In fact, I often find that if I go north from NY to Boston on a Friday, and return on Sunday, that my return trip will post before the northbound trip does.

This is due to where the conductor turns in the tickets, which then have to be sent elsewhere in most cases for processing. Making things even more interesting is the following scenario. One person rides NY to DC tomorrow. Another person boards the Texas Eagle tomorrow in Chicago, headed for LA.

The ticket from the person riding NY to DC will be turned in on Thursday at DC by the conductor of that train. The ticket from the person riding the Eagle won't get turned in until Sunday when the train reaches LA.

So already the person riding the NEC has a 3 day advantage over the person riding the Eagle.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
MKA-MKE Hiawatha T: 1/26 P: 2/03
MKE-MSP Empire Builder t: 1/26 P: 2/06

Last edited by Exiled in Express; Feb 7, 2010 at 7:38 am
Old Mar 4, 2010, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH/Bonvoy Gold, AA, WN CP
Points posting in the month of February has been very spotty for me. I haven't gotten credit yet for some Capitols trip earlier in the month, as well as for a Starlight trip. Separately, two Acela Express trips posted within 3 or 4 days, while another two taken the following day (middle of the month) haven't posted at all. I'm going to wait until next week before I put in the ticket info online and see if they will post that way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.