Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Global Card Relationship (fka Global Transfers) experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Card Relationship (fka Global Transfers) experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Your first US card should ALWAYS be a true credit card, not a charge card tlike the Platinum. I made that mistake and even though I have had my US Plat for over a year, Chase did not approve me for the Sapphire Reserve.
I will now have to wait another year until my SPG credit card will have built enough credit for me.

Yep, same here. Just mentioning this for the sake of others reading this thread.

This is bloody useful information. I think it would probably apply to the UK too with how Expiran/Equifax report and score on charge cards.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Exactly. They have to verify the applicant’s identity, and that is the only way since Amex doesn’t have any branches.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:28 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Your first US card should ALWAYS be a true credit card, not a charge card tlike the Platinum. I made that mistake and even though I have had my US Plat for over a year, Chase did not approve me for the Sapphire Reserve.
I will now have to wait another year until my SPG credit card will have built enough credit for me.
I got a hilton amex in the usa via global transfer, and its quite interesting seeing the credit score I have. I'm not in the usa a huge amount, maybe 3-4 months a year.

The credit card started with a useless $1k limit, which I had to front load to do anything useful with, think that I got it increased to 3k about 2 months later. I kept hitting 'increase my credit limit' with no success then suddenly got a load of letters saying that they couldnt increase my credit limit less then 3 months after the last increase.

Strangely they then increased it to 6k a few months later, and just now I upgraded to the Hilton Aspire card, and I got a letter saying they'd increased my limit to 11k (less then 2 months after the last increase)...

I do see that I have a fico score now on the amex website. But I dont know how that score is able to be seen by other companies such as chase when I dont have a SSN because I'm also considering the chase card.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Amex shows an Experian score. Chase will pull that plus the other bureaus because you have limited history.
However, you should have at least a year of credit history before applying for any Chase cards.
I just applied for the CSR and was denied, despite having over a year of charge card history. They only cared about my “true” credit card history and credit line.
Without an SSN, you can’t see your score with the other bureaus, but there is one.
I actually think I’m going to use the denial by Chase as grounds to ask for the credit scores they got from Equifax and Transunuon.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
yeah, I think I've had the card for a year and a half now. I'm in no rush for the CSR to be honest, I'll probably wait and see if they have a another huge sign up bonus
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:11 pm

I meant the US team (those in charge of transfers to the US from other countries).
What is the number ?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by James91
What is the number ?
PM
James91 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 11:18 am

Do you know AMEX does a credit check while doing the transfer? Trying to avoid an extra credit check since I am just in process of starting the credit
Old Sep 10, 2019, 11:24 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by punk
Do you know AMEX does a credit check while doing the transfer? ...
Yes, if you are transferring into the USA. See here:

https://www.americanexpress.com/glob...ed-states.html

Third bullet point:
Attached Images  
Old Sep 18, 2019, 7:01 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Can someone here help me out either by PM or replying here -

Have a European Amex issued directly by Amex.

I travel regularly to the US, but don't have a bank account there (could get one through one of my banks), don't have an SSN or ITIN (do have a Canadian SIN), don't have a physical address in the USA (could use a friend's or myus - but in any case would be a mailing address). Basically I'm after using my positive track record with Amex to get a HH Aspire card.

If anybody can help me out I would appreciate it.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 7:13 am

I’ve done this. I’ll send you a PM later.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
How can you get a US-issued Amex without a SSN?
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:18 am

No problem at all. ITIN is enough (very easy to get), some people claim to have received it without that even.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
No problem at all. ITIN is enough (very easy to get), some people claim to have received it without that even.
Not to take this off topic, but do you know if having an ITIN requires the subsequent filing of a US tax return?
Old Sep 18, 2019, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Not to take this off topic, but do you know if having an ITIN requires the subsequent filing of a US tax return?
It doesn’t.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.