Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Global Card Relationship (fka Global Transfers) experiences

Global Card Relationship (fka Global Transfers) experiences

Old Aug 4, 2018, 3:18 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Neither. I did a kind of face time ident with my ID.
I ended up doing it this way to finalise the application. I submitted it on Wednesday but received nothing confirming application was now received, so with the speed that DE stuff works who knows when I will next hear something

I put my UK plat number in, so I'm hoping that it will go through the Global Transfer channels.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
I was advised by Amex UK that the process for Germany was to apply for a new card, and use my UK Amex card number as an existing card when completing the application, which should mean it gets processed as a global transfer.

After doing a an online ID verification involving showing my passport to a webcam, I *think* that my application has now been submitted, but haven't received anything in my mails to confirm this.

German finances move very very slowly, so getting any kind of correspondence back could take some time. After reading some things in this thread, I am also not entirely confident that it will get processed via the Global Transfer route, but we will see.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
The ID verification is handled by an external company for Amex Germany, as far as I know. That’s why it will take some time in any case. I don’t think they’ll even process the application without ID verification.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:48 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Mackle
[...] Germany [...] After doing a an online ID verification involving showing my passport to a webcam, I *think* that my application has now been submitted [...]
I started going through this process in late May (US to Germany). The final screen I saw told me that my application had been provisionally approved ("Ihr Antrag ist unter Vorbehalt genehmigt!"). At that point I hadn't had an opportunity to enter my US card number and had not completed the ID verification (which, as ChocolateFactory says, is handled by POSTIDENT). I was surprised by "provisionally approved", as I'd assumed I would need Global Transfer to persuade Amex to issue a Platinum card.

I spoke to Amex Germany and asked them to initiate Global Transfer. I completed ID verification and the card was issued. My account shows a joining year of 2018, however, and a conversation with an Amex telephone agent left me feeling that Global Transfer probably hadn't played a role.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by IMH
I started going through this process in late May (US to Germany). The final screen I saw told me that my application had been provisionally approved ("Ihr Antrag ist unter Vorbehalt genehmigt!"). At that point I hadn't had an opportunity to enter my US card number and had not completed the ID verification (which, as ChocolateFactory says, is handled by POSTIDENT). I was surprised by "provisionally approved", as I'd assumed I would need Global Transfer to persuade Amex to issue a Platinum card.

I spoke to Amex Germany and asked them to initiate Global Transfer. I completed ID verification and the card was issued. My account shows a joining year of 2018, however, and a conversation with an Amex telephone agent left me feeling that Global Transfer probably hadn't played a role.
I filled out the online form including my UK Plat number, and then I had to either visit a bank or do the online Post Ident - so I went straight to the online webcam PostIdent.

But because of being held in a queue and issues with light reflecting off of the hologram on my UK passport, it took about 30 minutes to go through the Post Ident process. When that was finished, I had a timed out page. I've not received anything from Amex DE apart from a mail sent just before the webcam post ident, telling me that I needed to provide ID in order to finalise my application.

I'll try calling Amex to see if I can find out whether this application did actually get submitted properly as not heard anything since Wednesday's Post Ident email.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
JFTR:
POSTIDENT is where you go to the post office (this the name), it’s run by Deutsche Post.

The “videoident” thing (where you hold your passport in front of your webcam) is run by another third-party company. Not sure what they’re called.
Mackle likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:48 am

The app on my phone to do a video ident is called Postident, and has Deutsche Post branding.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:25 am

The app on my phone to do a video ident is called Postident, and has Deutsche Post branding.
Interesting! I didn't even know they have an app. The last time I did this video ident thing (in May, I think), it seemed like it wasn't connected to either Amex or Deutsche Post, and the whole thing seemed really unprofessional (some guy working from home or so).
Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:19 am

I spoke to someone at Amex DE today - it seems that they didn't have my full UK card number (odd as I remember you have to enter it in, in three parts) and there was a note on the application saying "possible global transfer but incomplete card number" so the application had just... stopped!

The guy on the phone manually populated my UK Amex card number, so hopefully it will start moving forward again.

EDIT: I then had a call 30 minutes later asking if I wanted the "member since" year to be the same as my personal cards or my corporate card; seems a bit premature to ask since I've not had my application processed and approved yet!

Last edited by Mackle; Aug 7, 2018 at 2:48 am
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:39 pm

I guess this means that I've been accepted for something, since it appears to be welcoming me to the German Rewards Points:-
Guten Tag, Mackle

wir freuen uns Sie als Mitglied des Membership Rewards® Programms begrüßen zu dürfen.

Sie erhalten ab sofort für jeden Euro einen Bonuspunkt - Punkten Sie mit jedem Karteneinsatz und während Ihrer Mitgliedschaft ohne Verfallsdatum. Sammeln Sie weltweit überall dort, wo Sie mit Ihrer American Express® Karte bezahlen, und Ihre Zusatzkarten sammeln automatisch mit. Allein in Deutschland können Sie bei mehreren hunderttausend ausgewählten Adressen einfach und bargeldlos bezahlen.

Ihren tagesaktuellen Punktestand finden Sie jederzeit unter www.membershiprewards.de Hier können Sie sich auch gleich einen Überblick über die gesamte Membership Rewards Prämienwelt verschaffen.

Bei Fragen erreichen Sie das Membership Rewards Service Team Montag bis Freitag von 8.00 - 20.00 Uhr telefonisch unter 069 9797-1515.

Wir wünschen Ihnen viel Spaß beim Punkten,

Ihr Membership Rewards Service Team
I'm not sure about the bonus point thing, but maybe this will end up being a better point collection card than my UK ones...
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:10 am

Received my DE Amex plat yesterday, so exactly two weeks from application to card in hand.

But no big welcome pack in a fancy box with the card inside, it was just an ansumming letter - unlike my UK. Is that because they don’t issue those in Germany or because I was transferred as an existing UK plat?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Virtually none.

I just looked back in my emails...I applied on Day 1, on Day 3 I received the following email:

On Day 13, I received the following email:

Odd, I never received any of those mails. I got the Postident mail at the end of the online application, then 13 days later an email in German welcoming me to Rewards Points, and saying something about indefinite bonus rewards points but no actual details about it, and on the 14th day my card arrived in the post in an unassuming envelope, whereas my UK plat arrived in a box and really did feel special because of the way it was packaged.

I was able to sign in to Amex DE with my existing Amex ID, but when I tried to activate the card it told me I had to create a new ID and my existing ID couldn’t be used with that card.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K

Odd, I never received any of those mails. I got the Postident mail at the end of the online application, then 13 days later an email in German welcoming me to Rewards Points, and saying something about indefinite bonus rewards points but no actual details about it, and on the 14th day my card arrived in the post in an unassuming envelope, whereas my UK plat arrived in a box and really did feel special because of the way it was packaged.

I was able to sign in to Amex DE with my existing Amex ID, but when I tried to activate the card it told me I had to create a new ID and my existing ID couldn’t be used with that card.
Strange. I received my card in a special box about the size of set of fish knives, along with some keychain or something like that. Also there was a heavy brochure/book detailing all the advantages of Amex, etc.

I did have to recreate a new login for the D card.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 10:45 am

I am planning to transfear to ICC. Does the platinum card comes in steel? have one transferred to another market and was invited to a higher category charge card? and do we get the same credit limit as we were offered or?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by muhanna
I am planning to transfear to ICC. Does the platinum card comes in steel? have one transferred to another market and was invited to a higher category charge card?
No. To date only the US card is metal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.