Wiki Posts
Search

30% Delta Transfer Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2009, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by precision80
I meant if i xfer SPG to Delta, but i answered my own question. Is is possible to go from SPG to MR?
Only bonus for SPG to DL is the 5k bonus if you transfer 20K Starpoints at once.

There's no vehicle to get from SPG to MR that I'm aware of.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 9:36 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by skofarrell
Only bonus for SPG to DL is the 5k bonus if you transfer 20K Starpoints at once.

There's no vehicle to get from SPG to MR that I'm aware of.
I think you can transfer 1:1 from SPG to MR
Unlike the airline bonus, there is none with this transfer
Old Jun 22, 2009, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ffI
I think you can transfer 1:1 from SPG to MR
Unlike the airline bonus, there is none with this transfer
Help me by posting the link, because I've never heard of being able to transfer from SPG to MR.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Help me by posting the link, because I've never heard of being able to transfer from SPG to MR.
Don't hold your breath for the link.. would be very, very surprised if this was possible.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pitbrian
Don't hold your breath for the link.. would be very, very surprised if this was possible.
As would I, but am giving the poster the benefit of the doubt.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA 1P; SPG Plat;
How long for bonus to post? Can I book a reward ticket for this week?

I'd like to book a reward ticket for Business Class LAX-DUB for departure Friday or Saturday. The inventory is available for 140,000 miles, but I will have to transfer from Amex to Delta today because my Delta balance is zero. Will the bonus hit soon enough to book and hold the ticket for a couple of days? I'm former Delta elite but not in 6 years or so therefore I'm not familiar with Delta's practices in this area. thanks for any suggestions.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your MR to Skymiles xfer will post almost immediately. The 30% bonus can take a week or so (my last one took 6 calendar days, earlier this month).

YMMV.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1P; SPG Plat;
Your MR to Skymiles xfer will post almost immediately. The 30% bonus can take a week or so (my last one took 6 calendar days, earlier this month).

YMMV.
Thanks for your reply. I was encouraged a bit by an earlier post in this thread in which the bonus hit in 2 days, but I suspect your experience is more typical. I don't want to end up with excess inventory in my Skymiles account if I can help it.

Any other empirical data that someone can share?
Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:57 pm

Programs: Delta GM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
In March 2009, my MR to DL transfer was virtually instantaneous and the bonus miles (20% at the time) posted the next day.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 9:11 am

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Question. Can't you get the bonus at Delta and then transfer to Northwest to give more options on use?
Old Jun 28, 2009, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Frenchie Flyer
Question. Can't you get the bonus at Delta and then transfer to Northwest to give more options on use?
For the time being you sure can. Transfers between your DL and NW accounts are instant.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 11:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Just another data point, from a ways back: It's possible to xfer MR<SPG, but the exchange rate is terrible: 3:1. So it's only 3000-some SPG you're getting for your 10,000 MR.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by divemistressofthedark
Just another data point, from a ways back: It's possible to xfer MR<SPG, but the exchange rate is terrible: 3:1. So it's only 3000-some SPG you're getting for your 10,000 MR.
Everyone is aware of that, and the option to devalue your MR points at the 3:1 ratio still exists today.

Up thread someone mistakenly said you can go from SPG -> MR which is not possible.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:28 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Sorry, my bad. Had been under the impression not "everyone" was aware.

FYI for those in the process of merging DL/NWA, setting up new NWA to get 10K point bonus, etc.: You also get the 30% for transferring into NWA. But! MR reserves up to 7 days to link either your DL or NWA account to MR, so time to get a move on if you hope to score bonus by end of month.

Link:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/north...fer-bonus.html
Old Jul 16, 2009, 11:59 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess transfering 1k MR points to Delta is a cheap way to extend Delta miles for 18 months for someone, like me, that doesn't fly Delta often.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.