FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Questions about Platinum card & AA lounge access [merged] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/960426-questions-about-platinum-card-aa-lounge-access-merged.html)

lichmd Apr 5, 2008 3:37 pm

Question about access to AA lounge if flying on code share with Alaska Air

I flying EWR to SEA tomorrow morning on AA 6765/AS 11 boarding out of Gate 28 in terminal A. I bought the ticket thinking it was an AA flight and that I'd be able to use my Plat Amex to get into the Admirals club. If the flight is operated by AS would they deny me access?
Thanks

sbm12 Apr 5, 2008 5:18 pm

Believe it or not, you are actually entitled to get in.

The T&C, excerpted from this post, show the pertinent detail in bold below:

1. The Platinum Card® member must be traveling. Name on ticket must match name on Platinum Card. Platinum Card member must be 18 years of age for American Airlines Admirals Club® Lounges and 21 years of age to enter into all other Airport Club Lounges without a parent or guardian. Platinum Card member's spouse and children under the age of 21 or up to two companions may enter the club as complimentary guests. Code-share and affiliated lounge agreements do not apply. Special industry reduced revenue tickets are not eligible with Delta and American Airlines. The Platinum Card member must present his or her valid Card, government-issued I.D., and airline ticket to club agents. Complimentary access is specifically for the airport club that corresponds to the airline operating the flight (access pertains to the aircraft, not the flight number) except with respect to American Airlines marketed code share flights with an American Airlines flight number which are also eligible for complimentary access to the lounge. Note that amenities may vary among airport club locations. Meeting rooms may be reserved for a nominal fee. Card members must adhere to all house rules of participating clubs.

lichmd Apr 5, 2008 6:04 pm

Thank you kindly, let's see if they actually honor that tomorrow.

sbm12 Apr 5, 2008 8:27 pm

Call AmEx and cite the T&C if they don't and get AmEx to deal with it. They absolutely should allow it as long as you have the AA code on your ticket.

fti Apr 5, 2008 10:14 pm

deleted after re-reading the lounge access rules.

azmmza Jun 1, 2009 9:50 pm

Questions about Platinum card & AA lounge access [merged]

how many guest can one bring into the admirals club with the platinum card?

i will be flying aa with wife, her parents and siste (5 people total)

SpartanFlyer86 Jun 1, 2009 11:15 pm

I want to say that they would follow the same access rules as a normal member. I mainly fly CO and have been allowed 2 guests as well as immediate family.

Note: Have been in AA clubs but only by myself.

AA has their access rules posted:
http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?...ungeAccess.jsp

Hope it works out.

ETA: does your spouse have a plat card? In that case both you and her can guest in 2. which should cover everyone.

Ritz Jun 2, 2009 12:37 am

Another variable is the lounge location. Some airports are much more liberal with guests than others, IMHO.

azmmza Jun 2, 2009 12:38 am

so the airlines treat the PLT card as if you had a paid membership?

cool

S.Bling Jun 2, 2009 12:45 am

Originally Posted by azmmza (Post 11841812)
so the airlines treat the PLT card as if you had a paid membership?

cool

Not accurate.

Plat will get you access if you are flying that airline, that day.
paid members can access whenever they want, no connection to who they are flying (or not even flying at all).

S.Bling Jun 2, 2009 12:48 am

[QUOTE=SpartanFlyer86;11841613]I want to say that they would follow the same access rules as a normal member. I mainly fly CO and have been allowed 2 guests as well as immediate family.

Note: Have been in AA clubs but only by myself.

AA has their access rules posted:
http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?...ungeAccess.jsp

In theory it's either-or. You can either bring 2 guests, or you can bring your immediate family (usually as many as 4 people, never more).

I have never been allowed more than 2 guests if they are not family - and also not both family and non-family. This is for CO, NW and DL. AA is actually sometimes even stricter in their access rules, even if you are "entitled" to use the lounge. You may have to ask for a supervisor, since sometimes they don't allow access as they should...

scubadu Jun 2, 2009 6:36 am

Originally Posted by azmmza (Post 11841318)
how many guest can one bring into the admirals club with the platinum card?

i will be flying aa with wife, her parents and siste (5 people total)

With the length of your FT membership and the number of your posts, I'm a little surprised that you did not search for this before starting a new thread. This has been addressed multiple times, ad nausem.

What did you learn when you went to Amex's Platinum website? If you had, you would find the following:

https://www217.americanexpress.com/c..._c&benefitId=1

Here is the relevant text:

Receive complimentary access to participating American Airlines Admirals Club®, Continental Airlines Presidents Club, Delta Crown Room Club®, and Northwest Airlines WorldClubs® locations in airports around the world.1 Simply present the club agent with your Platinum Card, your ticket valid for same day travel on the corresponding airline that is operating the flight, and a government issued ID. Your spouse and children under age 21, or up to two traveling companions, may join you as guests in the club room.

I've bolded the section relevant to your question. Before you ask the follow-up, note that from your thread you do not mention that you are traveling with your own children, and in that case if you read the text there is no combination that gets you to five people.

Regards

azmmza Jun 2, 2009 11:10 am

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 11842606)
With the length of your FT membership and the number of your posts, I'm a little surprised that you did not search for this before starting a new thread. This has been addressed multiple times, ad nausem.

What did you learn when you went to Amex's Platinum website? If you had, you would find the following:

https://www217.americanexpress.com/c..._c&benefitId=1

Here is the relevant text:

Receive complimentary access to participating American Airlines Admirals Club®, Continental Airlines Presidents Club, Delta Crown Room Club®, and Northwest Airlines WorldClubs® locations in airports around the world.1 Simply present the club agent with your Platinum Card, your ticket valid for same day travel on the corresponding airline that is operating the flight, and a government issued ID. Your spouse and children under age 21, or up to two traveling companions, may join you as guests in the club room.

I've bolded the section relevant to your question. Before you ask the follow-up, note that from your thread you do not mention that you are traveling with your own children, and in that case if you read the text there is no combination that gets you to five people.

Regards

so ill tell my mother-in-law that she must wait at the gate. if she complains ill have her direct those complaints to scubadu

Thanks

scubadu Jun 2, 2009 11:43 am

Originally Posted by azmmza (Post 11843962)
so ill tell my mother-in-law that she must wait at the gate. if she complains ill have her direct those complaints to scubadu

Thanks

Afraid I didn't write the terms and conditions my friend, and you asked the question.

If it's that important too you, you can always obtain an additional card for you wife (for a mere $175 per year) and then you can certainly double your fun.

Enjoy your trip!

Regards

azmmza Jun 2, 2009 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 11844173)
Afraid I didn't write the terms and conditions my friend, and you asked the question.

If it's that important too you, you can always obtain an additional card for you wife (for a mere $175 per year) and then you can certainly double your fun.

Enjoy your trip!

Regards

its a biz plat so the extra card is $200.

but im a gambler i want to see what a 10 hour flight will be like with my M-I-L after i exclude her from the AC :)