Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Centurion (2008 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2020, 10:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Zhariak
Out of curiosity... Let's say you buy something duty free leaving Canada at YYZ. When you come back you have to pay duties/taxes on it correct? Even if Canada is your home country?
you are subject to the same limits and taxes/duties regardless of where you purchase items. so if you're under the limits, then no taxes duties even if you bought it in canada.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by BenSenise
you are subject to the same limits and taxes/duties regardless of where you purchase items. so if you're under the limits, then no taxes duties even if you bought it in canada.
Yea I figured, thank you!

On a separate note, does anyone know if the Canadian Centurion card is getting a refresh like it's US counterpart?
Old Feb 8, 2020, 8:14 am

Programs: DL Gold, AC75K, Bonvoy LTit, HH Diamond, SL Jade, ALL GOLD, IHG Diamond, GHA Plat, BA Gold
The Dufry Red App gives you discounts at the YYZ duty free stores - the problem arises in that the more you spend the greater the discounts by changing levels from silver 5% discount to gold 7% for example. The clerks at the stores at YYZ duty free enter the purchases and discounts manually as they can't seem to get the discounts to scan in their POS. As a result, your Dufry account will reset each year and you will lose your status and revert to the lower discount level each year. Keep your receipts and monitor that your purchases post to the account. Dufry status has benefits not only at YYZ but elsewhere. Bon voyage
Old Feb 11, 2021, 11:05 am

Crickets on the thread lately....who's been using the Uber/Sobeys 500 credit? Nom nom nom.

Interesting mailer teasing of things to come this year.

Managed to snag a signed copy of the Dave Matthews Band's latest album.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 2:27 pm

Thought I would break the silence on this thread....not much action going on. Things have been very stagnant with the CDN version this past year....
Old Jan 27, 2022, 6:54 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
More cuts to the Centurion benefits

Changes to Limousine Benefits
We're making changes to the limousine benefits on the Centurion® Card. Effective February 1, 2022, Basic and Supplementary Centurion members can take advantage of the NEW Premium Airport Transfer Service when you book an eligible round-trip first class or business class flight through Centurion Travel and pay with your Centurion Card. Other terms and conditions apply.

Effective April 1, 2022, the Carey Worldwide Limousine Service, Centurion Limousine Service and Air France/KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Centurion Limo Program will no longer be offered on the Basic and Supplementary Centurion Card. These limousine benefits will still be available for eligible bookings made with Centurion Travel no later than March 31, 2022.

Termination of Tour Benefits
Effective April 1, 2022, the following tour benefits will no longer be offered on the Basic and Supplementary Centurion Card: Abercrombie & Kent, Butterfield & Robinson, Belmond Trains & Cruises, Kensington Tours, and Tourcan Vacations. Travel for any new or existing eligible tour booking must be completed by March 31, 2022, to receive the benefits as part of your Centurion Card membership.

Termination of the Cruise Privileges Program
Effective April 1, 2022, the Cruise Privileges Program will no longer be offered on the Basic and Supplementary Centurion Card. Travel for any new or existing eligible cruise booking must be completed by March 31, 2022, to receive the benefits as part of your Centurion Card membership.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 12:02 pm

It does seem like all they do is cut benefits over the past couple of years - I did receive $200 worth of gift cards during the holidays which was nice but certainly does not make up for the constantly diminishing benefits and service levels.....brutal.
SManYYZ likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 8:15 am

ACfly - Just curious - where did you find this information?
travelgirlcanada - yeah, 200 dollars to the Bay was nice and I agree with with what you are saying.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 1:52 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by yyz-kin
ACfly - Just curious - where did you find this information?
travelgirlcanada - yeah, 200 dollars to the Bay was nice and I agree with with what you are saying.

see your Amex statement.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 7:57 am

Odd that there are more offers on the Aeroplan Card 11 (with 3 expiring soon) vs. Centurion Card 0.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 9:57 am

Odd that there are more offers on the Aeroplan Card 11 (with 3 expiring soon) vs. Centurion Card 0.
I have 20 offers registered right now on my Canadian Centurion, and 1 pending that I don't care for because I don't need it.

There are limits for how many people get the offers, so make sure you check all the time. I check mine daily.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:06 pm

I do check often and still no new offers at all in the past couple weeks..The only one availabe is the Funds for everything you need.....
Old Mar 1, 2022, 5:23 pm

I do check often and still no new offers at all in the past couple weeks..The only one availabe is the Funds for everything you need.....
Interesting, I don't have that one. Hmmm
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:21 pm

Canadian Centurion over Platinum advantages?

Just wondering if there are any actual advantages at this point with the Centurion over the Platinum. My membership just renewed a few days ago at $2500 (I’m in Canada) and it seems the Platinum offers benefits that are very close if not identical to the Centurion. Since I’ve been auto renewed there’s nothing I can do now but may reconsider next year. Any thoughts?
Old Jun 26, 2022, 8:13 pm

Well you can become the George character on Seinfeld TV series and hold a half dozen different Amex cards and have a fat wallet that hurts your posture or find a card that gives good benefits for all of your purchases. Often that is not Amex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.