Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Centurion (2008 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2008, 10:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by Guava
Definitely seems overrated to me, I agree. No complimentary SPG Platinum or HH Diamond status means this card is inferior to AMEX Centurion in some other countries.
What countries offer SPG Platinum or HH Diamond for Centurion? I'm not aware of any.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jgsx
What countries offer SPG Platinum or HH Diamond for Centurion? I'm not aware of any.
Easy, check Germany and Australia.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 3:38 am

Programs: AA EP; Formerly an Over-Entitled UA 1K MM until I wised-up and left UA for AA.
australia centurion offers neither hh diamond nor spg platinum. it offers only hh gold and spg gold. at $4300 per year, the australian centurion program is one of the most expensive in the world and offers the least benefits of any program i am aware of. it is a total waste of money.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by MrCA
Just the package with a phone number for further info. There was no actual application included.
I wonder if Amex is willing to negotiate on the fees, since they are inviting you to call rather than simply accept the card.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Traveller01
I wonder if Amex is willing to negotiate on the fees, since they are inviting you to call rather than simply accept the card.
You can't negotiate anywhere in the world it seems from reading the posts on this board, maybe only if you spend 7 figures they'll only waive Platinum!

I'm surprised the Canadian fee is $5000 initiation + $2500 annual fee... especially when Platinum has most of the benefits anyways at a fraction of the price. It's going to be people who want to be one of the few to have a black card in Canada who will get it.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 9:39 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
SPG Plat is gone in Germany - you get only Gold now, not sure about HH but I always thought its HH Gold and you only get it for one year.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 12:39 pm

Programs: black is magic
Originally Posted by totti
SPG Plat is gone in Germany - you get only Gold now, not sure about HH but I always thought its HH Gold and you only get it for one year.
That's exactly what the website states
Old Dec 20, 2008, 1:59 pm

Canadian Centurion card website now up

http://www.americanexpress.ca/centurion
Old Dec 20, 2008, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by Zhariak
Canadian Centurion card website now up

http://www.americanexpress.ca/centurion
Haha tried to logon with my plat user/pass...

ACCESS DENIED! roflcopterz
Old Dec 21, 2008, 3:27 pm

Programs: AC Prestige, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, HHonors
Talking

Zhar...

Time to get the centurion!

Sanosuke!
Old Dec 21, 2008, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Sanosuke
Zhar...

Time to get the centurion!

Sanosuke!
I know!

I wan't it bad! Not to sure if I'm going to get the invite, especially since MrCA got one and I havn't gotten anything yet

I donno if it's because of my age or credit or what. I'm RIGHT at the requirement for minimum spending for an invite in the US, but I don't know if its the same for Canada...

I'm keeping my figures crossed.

But at the same time, from the perks I've heard I'm not to sure I'd dish that dough out for membership. I wish Air Canada participated a little more with the program, as I usually stay here in North American and don't to much traveling outside of it.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by alemdohorizonte
australia centurion offers neither hh diamond nor spg platinum. it offers only hh gold and spg gold. at $4300 per year, the australian centurion program is one of the most expensive in the world and offers the least benefits of any program i am aware of. it is a total waste of money.
Convert EUR 2,800 (the annual fee of the International Euro Centurion) to australian dollars and you will see if AUD 4,300 is really expensive
Old Dec 21, 2008, 8:15 pm

Programs: LH FTL, EK Gold, AMEX Centurion, . HH Diamond, Ambassador Platinum,Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by Thomas_B
That's exactly what the website states
Correct SPG Platinum is gone - but they offer now Priority Club Plat and HH Gold is vested lifetime as long as you have Centurion Card
Old Dec 21, 2008, 10:06 pm

Programs: Earned: AC SE, AA PLT - Comped: DL PLT, Avis PC, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by MrCA
Box contains a letter from CEO Amex Bank Canada welcoming me to this unique level of card. There is a one time initiation fee of $5,000 and annual membership of $2,500 (in Cdn funds I presume). For this you also get a supplementary Centurion card and 4 supplementary Amex cards.

Box contains a hardcover binder with a replica Centurion card on the front. Binder is full of pages with pretty pictures and verbage about the various things that the Centurion Concierge can do for me from arranging last minute first class seats overseas to private Jets to hotel stays at presumably full hotels.

Includes access to their Global lounge program including complimentary membership in Air Canada Maple Leaf lounges and all *Alliance lounges, Admiral Club access, Continental President's Club, Delta, NW, Servisair, Plaza Premium VIP Lounges and Priority Pass Lounges.

Includes Gold or equivalent status in Starwood, Hilton, Fairmont, Luxury Villa, Relais & Chateau and Club 5C and upgrades for the FHR program

Int'l Air Program includes complimentary companion tickets, complimentary upgrades, special class fares; program includes Air Canada, Air France & Continental "to name a few"

Includes Avis Presidents club and Hertz #1 club and Elite rent a car benefits.

Includes premium benefits on luxury cruise lines and tours

Ability to view " latest collections from international fashion houses" and " a rare preformance of ballet or theatre", tables at fine restaurants, front of the line etc.

As you can imagine there are pages and pages of terms and conditions referenced back to the above benefits and I haven't had the time to review them all.

My first impression is that the benefits do not appear to be that much better than my Platinum card especially when weighed against the increased cost of the card but of course others may say that the uniqueness of the card and the fact that so few people have it is worth something.

Perhaps US Centurion members can tell me how these perks are valuable and worth the cost.
The MLL/*A access is new/different - I imagine that translates into giving you a MLL world edition or whatever they call it - so figure a $600 value. I think Servisair/Plaza are included with Priority pass so no big diff.

But the lack of any airline status makes this a total rip relative to the US card.

Also the US card has the Mandarin Oriental free night offer, which has paid for itself a few times over (atleast for me).

Fairmont Benefit also new/different, but isn't going to make me want to global transfer over to the CDN version anytime soon
Old Dec 22, 2008, 5:53 am

Programs: AA EP; Formerly an Over-Entitled UA 1K MM until I wised-up and left UA for AA.
Originally Posted by ahrz
Convert EUR 2,800 (the annual fee of the International Euro Centurion) to australian dollars and you will see if AUD 4,300 is really expensive
that is why i used the words ¨one of the most expensive¨ in my post.
but regardless of the egregious fee, the benefits of australian centurion are anorexic compared to those you get with the euro centurion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.