Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Wynn Promos Master Thread [Previously was 2 Free Nights @ Wynn/Encore}

Centurion Wynn Promos Master Thread [Previously was 2 Free Nights @ Wynn/Encore}

Old Mar 17, 2009, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Amex booked these dates for me. The agent called Wynn and spoke with a reservations agent and supervisor... both told her that I can check out on 4/26 for this promotion. I just got my confirmation from Amex with the dates confirmed. Has anyone else run into a problem booking the night 4/25 because of the wording of the T&C?

Originally Posted by richiezc
does anybody know if you can do 4/24-4/26. Technically the night is on 4/25 and withing the date range.

I've called twice and one agent said it was ok and another said can't do it. anybody have the T&C so i can read it?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:32 pm

Just returned from my stay

My wife and I were there 3/14-3/16. Originally booked into Encore, they "upgraded" us to the Tower Suites at the Wynn. As a previous poster mentioned, the Tower Suites has it's own entrance, check in, elevator bank, etc.

Plt amenities included: $30 per person each day for breakfast, $45 per person (up to two people) for lunch once during the visit. Any add'l charges show up as "Package Overage". Also 4pm late checkout. Interestingly, we were NOT charged room taxes. We ate at Botero for dinner, which I highly recommend. All in all, an excellent visit.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
Amex booked these dates for me. The agent called Wynn and spoke with a reservations agent and supervisor... both told her that I can check out on 4/26 for this promotion. I just got my confirmation from Amex with the dates confirmed. Has anyone else run into a problem booking the night 4/25 because of the wording of the T&C?
Ditto. I booked last week and agent called Wynn direclty to clarify the night of the 25th would be part of the promotion. Did you get Encore? I was told Wynn was full. Works for me as I've yet to stay at Encore
Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold
This offer is still good, no promo required. I booked 2 nights for free at encore april 11th and 12th. Platinum amenities are valid for the 2 free nights as well. Daily breakfast, late checkout and 1 lunch.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Bucko
Plt amenities included: $30 per person each day for breakfast, $45 per person (up to two people) for lunch once during the visit. Any add'l charges show up as "Package Overage". Also 4pm late checkout. Interestingly, we were NOT charged room taxes. We ate at Botero for dinner, which I highly recommend. All in all, an excellent visit.
Just booked this today for early April. In calling yesterday for T&Cs and verifying the same today when booking I was told: $40 credit per day for breakfast, and one lunch on the property, excluding alcohol (no value mentioned).

Seems like consensus though, now that I've read through the thread, is $30 per person per day for breakfast ($60 per day for the two of us), and $45 each once ($90 for the two of us) for lunch.

Last edited by Tulane41; Mar 19, 2009 at 2:08 pm Reason: Spelling and stuff
Old Mar 20, 2009, 1:35 pm

Programs: AMEX MR, Diners USA,, Delta MM SM, USAir Plat, AAir Plat, HHonors, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by trach500
This offer is still good, no promo required. I booked 2 nights for free at encore april 11th and 12th. Platinum amenities are valid for the 2 free nights as well. Daily breakfast, late checkout and 1 lunch.
I was told the special offer ends in April...I am going in May...
Old Mar 20, 2009, 1:52 pm

does this offer apply to the UK plat? thx.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ysb41
does this offer apply to the UK plat? thx.
Can't help you, sorry. I didn't even know about this offer until I read about it here. I don't recall it being in the usual, "Offers you have no interest in" emails I receive from Amex. Why not give them a call?
Old Mar 25, 2009, 8:53 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
I booked my nights on 4/10-4/12...hoping to also get the offer to switch to the Wynn Tower Suites...sounds awesome.

I have another friend who awaits his plat card (thought not solely because of this deal, but it helps) and we plan to have 2 rooms and PARTY
Old Mar 25, 2009, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I haven't been by this forum in a while (apparently). But was just on the phone with Amex PTS regarding an upcoming last-minute Vegas trip. Got the run-down on the FHR rates for a few properties and was about to book Bellagio at $125/nt, slightly better than what I had through their website, but of course with the bennies. That in and of itself was a great deal.

Then, unprompted, the agent said that if I could move my stay a day earlier, I could get 2 FREE nights at Wynn, including FHR benefits. I was able to do that, but I asked her at least three times whether she was sure they were flat-out free.

Wow -- awesome deal.

Now I know Steve Wynn had been complaining that once they dropped their room rates in late December I think (after trying to hold rate but suffering weak occupancy most of the fourth quarter), they were able to fill the property but the quality of the guest was poor. They said they were looking at ways to attract a better guest. Clearly this is one way. That said, when you factor in all the benefits and the free room, I probably won't be spending a heck of a lot of money there, unless I go crazy with the gambling.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Now I know Steve Wynn had been complaining that once they dropped their room rates in late December I think (after trying to hold rate but suffering weak occupancy most of the fourth quarter), they were able to fill the property but the quality of the guest was poor. They said they were looking at ways to attract a better guest.
Holy crap! I'm a better quality of guest!

Seriously, I can't imagine what they've been attracting if possession of a Platinum Amex is considered an adequate indicia.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 7:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Has anyone been able to add more nights to the reservation in addition to the two free nights? If so, what were the rates like? I am looking to add 2 more nights.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 7:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by fabulousflygirl
Has anyone been able to add more nights to the reservation in addition to the two free nights? If so, what were the rates like? I am looking to add 2 more nights.
Why don't you just call PTS and ask them directly? Wouldn't the be the quickest way to the answer you seek?

Regards
Old Mar 26, 2009, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fabulousflygirl
The rates are whatever the FHR rate is for those days. As you might guess, they can vary wildly -- this is Vegas.

Originally Posted by scubadu
Why don't you just call PTS and ask them directly? Wouldn't the be the quickest way to the answer you seek?
Yes, sage advice. @:-)
Old Mar 28, 2009, 1:00 am

Programs: United Gold
2 free nights only for new guests?

Hi everyone,

I called FHR today (3/27/09) intending to book a 5 night stay at the Encore in Las Vegas. The agent told me about the two free nights so I booked those 2 nights and will book the other 3 nights at another hotel.

I was wondering if this offer is only available to guests who have NEVER stayed at the property? I have stayed at the Wynn before but have never stayed at the Encore.

Anyone have any experience with this? I would hate to be charged the nightly rate ($269) when I was told it was free.

Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.