Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Airport Clubs ( EZE,GDL,MEX,MTY,CGH,GRU,GIG)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Airport Clubs ( EZE,GDL,MEX,MTY,CGH,GRU,GIG)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
My delight and surprise were increased further when I found it has a dedicated Centurion section. The service, food, drinks offering was superb, really is one of the nicest lounge spaces I have been to, choice of 3 champagnes, what better way to start breakfast!
Sounds exactly like the Buenos Aires lounge. Why, oh why, can't the US lounges have separate Centurion sections instead of just being one big packed zoo?!
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Sounds exactly like the Buenos Aires lounge. Why, oh why, can't the US lounges have separate Centurion sections instead of just being one big packed zoo?!
My guess, and it's just a guess, is that Amex is paying a lot more per square foot/meter to rent lounge space in SFO, DFW, LGA, etc. than it is outside North America. The extra cost of setting aside dedicated rooms for Centurion card holders would be prohibitive under those costs.

That said, I'd be happy to see Amex convert the children's playroom in SFO to a Centurion only room, and then put a lower age limit on admission to the lounge.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by transportprof
My guess, and it's just a guess, is that Amex is paying a lot more per square foot/meter to rent lounge space in SFO, DFW, LGA, etc. than it is outside North America. The extra cost of setting aside dedicated rooms for Centurion card holders would be prohibitive under those costs.
That may be the case, but when you charge 500% more for the Annual Fee, you should be prepared to splash out a bit...
Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
That may be the case, but when you charge 500% more for the Annual Fee, you should be prepared to splash out a bit...
Isn't that what the Centurion-only champagne service in US lounges is meant to represent? You'd have better luck starting a Change.org petition to enhance that champagne service to Krug than you would to get a Centurion only room in a US lounge.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by transportprof
Isn't that what the Centurion-only champagne service in US lounges is meant to represent? You'd have better luck starting a Change.org petition to enhance that champagne service to Krug than you would to get a Centurion only room in a US lounge.
Yes, those $8 glasses of Veuve are a real hardship to AmEx
Old May 6, 2018, 8:49 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I stopped into the MTY lounge this morning

It's a nice enough space located in the basement by Gate 7 in Terminal A. There are several staff members who brought me a menu. The majority of the breakfast options cost money but they had some yogurt with granola and fruit that was free and pretty tasty. They also made a good cup of coffee. The bar seems well stocked but I'm not sure what was free and what wasn't. They also had some nice bathrooms. It's definitely better than the Priority Pass OMA Lounge.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
I really like the MEX lounge. I can't believe I have been through MEX T2 3 or 4 times and just went to the Aeromexico Lounge.

My most recent trip I finally made use of the free 15 minute massage (very good!) and a 150 peso haircut. I sat upstairs in some of the "alcove" like places. I'm just a Plat member so no centurion section for me.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
indeed. amazing how excited people get over such small benefits.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Can anybody comment on which of the two, AC and AMEX, is better in MEX?
Old Aug 4, 2018, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by safari ari
Can anybody comment on which of the two, AC and AMEX, is better in MEX?
AmEx for sure. Wasn't even aware Air Canada had a lounge. I think AmEx is the best lounge in the whole airport.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
AmEx for sure. Wasn't even aware Air Canada had a lounge. I think AmEx is the best lounge in the whole airport.
Sorry, should've written that out, meant Admirals Club.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 6:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Had some time to kill so I searched for an AMEX lounge in GDL that apparently existed "once upon a time" . Even the restaurant referenced previously it was across from is closed. I'm sure this is old news, but wanted to provide some feedback.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 2:37 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Discussion continues here: American Express International Lounges (ARN,BOM,DEL,EZE,GRU,MEL,MEX,MTY,SYD,TLC)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.