Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30% Skymiles Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2008, 7:59 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by whynotgo
Flyertalker's know that DL is now ranked as the worst US based airline for redeeming miles (higher miles requirements, highest fees, messed up award calendar).

I have 60,000 AX MR points. I have DL and CO frequent flyer accounts (AX partners). CO is hooking up with United in the future. Should I wait and transfer my points to CO at a later date (even without the bonus)?

Please give me your two cents.
Actaully, I have been looking at this as well but in looking at the HIGH redemption fees for Delta, I just assume put my miles elsewhere.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by arcticgrin
I just sent them an email. I think you should as well, maybe you can ask for 30% since they made you wait this long
Who did you send the e-mail to? Delta or American Express
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:23 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
I still haven't received mine from October. I emailed Delta 2 weeks ago and they forwarded on to their "partner desk" and said I would get a response in 10 business days. 12 days have elapsed and no word yet and have been too busy to follow up. Will so today or tomorrow and let you know what I hear. It's good to hear I am not alone!
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by arcticgrin
I just sent them an email. I think you should as well, maybe you can ask for 30% since they made you wait this long
Interesting as I was just able to get TWO Business Elite tickets for Europe at the end of the summer for 100,000 each with no crazy routing or times either.

On the DL board there are more posting now about people finding seats in the LOW millage requirements then in the UPPER millage requirements.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by BLV
Transferred points from AMEX into Delta today only to see the 30% bonus points post less than an hour later. Not complaining, but didn't expect it to be THAT quick ^^
My bonus posted within 24 hours. This has NEVER happened before. Usually you have to wait WEEKS for this to happen.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA Silver
still waiting for 20% Aug 2008 bonus to post

I am still waiting for a the 20% bonus from Aug1-31,2008 to post. Called 11/8...that person said they would take care of it. called 11/18- and was told to go to the web site and report the problem. Went to the web site and followed the exact instructions to request miles from the Skymiles site. Today talked to someone who insisted I must prove I registered. But I never got an email receipt in August...and to prove that, I just registered for the 30% December offer...and no receipt for that either.

So, since we do not get 'proof' of registering other that printing out a website page showing the offer terms, does anyone get proof they registered to prove to DL they they registered?

Is there a way to 'debate' this with DL?
Old Dec 12, 2008, 1:43 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by detony
I am still waiting for a the 20% bonus from Aug1-31,2008 to post. Called 11/8...that person said they would take care of it. called 11/18- and was told to go to the web site and report the problem. Went to the web site and followed the exact instructions to request miles from the Skymiles site. Today talked to someone who insisted I must prove I registered. But I never got an email receipt in August...and to prove that, I just registered for the 30% December offer...and no receipt for that either.

So, since we do not get 'proof' of registering other that printing out a website page showing the offer terms, does anyone get proof they registered to prove to DL they they registered?

Is there a way to 'debate' this with DL?

I JUST got the 20% October bonus today.. I had emailed 3 times. Not sure if that did the trick of simply waiting 8 weeks. Have you gotten your August bonus yet??
Old Dec 12, 2008, 2:50 pm
rje

Programs: Marriott Gold,United Silver,Delta Silver,Hhonors Diamond., SPG platinum, Priority Club Plat.
Still waiting for 20% bonus from Sept. 15th transfer of 51,000 MR points. Have faxed all pertinent info to Delta as requested but no response. Have been working through Amex to see if they will do anything.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 9:21 am

Programs: AMEX Centurion
Originally Posted by mktozd
Actaully, I have been looking at this as well but in looking at the HIGH redemption fees for Delta, I just assume put my miles elsewhere.
Xfered 700k MRs and got two business class seats for 100k miles each for MKE-CDG trip in May. The bonus xfer covered the cost of the seats. The seats are on NW (not my favorite business class airline) but what the heck they were totally free. I prefer to burn my skymiles on nonDelta metal.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver
just received my 20% from Aug1-30, 2008

I had to email 2 x. But they finally arrived today.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 10:36 pm

For clarification it is my understanding that this 30% offer is not like the past bonus offers with the 4-8 week fine print and the bonus this time is given immediately. I can confirm that in the past getting your bonus miles delievered in timely matter was difficult. I can remember Delta and Amex playing ping pong with me many years ago.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 1:52 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Delta Platinum, US Platimum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
30% bonus

I transferred MR points to Delta account on americanexpress.com

Transfer wad done without any probelms and I received 30% bonus within 5~10 minutes.

It was very quick.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 1:41 am

https://www.delta.com/skymiles/ways_...ndex.jsp#terms

shows the 30% transfer bonus expires 12/31/08

http://www.membershiprewards.com/cat...yer%20Programs

Amex MR site it's gone

Anyone else getting same result?
Old Dec 21, 2008, 5:19 am

I think what you are saying the 30% offer that showed up once you clicked on Delta on MR site is gone. Yes promo it is gone but the offer is still good to end of year. So nice of you to point out.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
I waited till my last MR points posted this weekend before doing a transfer to DL. I did the transfer on Sat. or Sun. Went to DL.com this morning and all points listed....including amazingly the 30% bonus. Amazing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.