Amex Skyguide Executive Privilege Club

Old May 3, 2019, 9:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by r m a h
score!!! have you tried to renew your membership?
My membership auto-renewed for 99 bucks in February.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 6:15 am
Formerly known as pmclean

BEWARE new made up T&Cs.

I had trouble getting reimbursed back in late 2018. Took months to finally get four months payment. Well now it's happening again and their response was that my submissions were rejected for not meeting the T&Cs.

their response: "In the terms and conditions on the form that you send in with the receipt, it does state that the receipt MUST be from the date it was USED at the airport"

These made up terms do not exist on the form or website, which only states that you must send in an original receipt, nothing saying the receipt must be dated on day of use. I always buy electronic passes off ebay and load them to my phone. United Lounge dragons never give me any receipt at the lounge, nor do they stamp my iphone with a date when they scan the pass.

I plan on fighting, but my recent experience with them makes that tough as it's impossible to get anyone on the phone other than call center people who don't even know what they are selling. I am now owed for four months of receipts. If they plan on making up terms as they go along it might be time to bail on this garbage. Does anyone have a decent contact for these people so that I can get a supervisor on the phone?
Old Jun 29, 2019, 7:33 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by parismama
....only states that you must send in an original receipt, nothing saying the receipt must be dated on day of use.....
The terms include three references to dates. If your receipt does not show the date of the visit, how does Skyguide verify that you (a) have completed the visit, (b) are claiming for only one visit in a month and (c) that you have mailed the claim within 30 days of the visit?

Purchase a one-day lounge pass at any airport lounge worldwide and we will reimburse you up to $50. Limit one reimbursement per month, maximum of 12 per calendar year. It's a special benefit just for SkyGuide Executive Privilege Club members like you. Original receipt and reimbursement form must be mailed within 30 days of use of the pass.

Please note that the list of Airport Lounges is not exhaustive. Eligible lounges and offer subject to change. Check airport/lounge website for most up-to-date location details.Instructions:To qualify you must be an active Club member and: (1) purchase and use a one-time lounge pass, (2) completely fill out the reimbursement form, and (3) mail the original lounge pass receipt and the completed reimbursement form within thirty (30) days of use of the lounge pass to: SkyGuide Executive Privilege Club, Airport Lounge Reimbursement Program, PO Box 30475 Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0475.

Reimbursement check will be mailed approximately 4-6 weeks after the date we receive the applicable receipt and reimbursement form.
Terms and Conditions Members may only submit and receive reimbursement for one lounge pass per month, up to 12 per calendar year. Lounge visit must be completed by member prior to reimbursement submission. Pass is not transferrable and must be used by active Club member only. Monthly or yearly airport club memberships are not eligible for reimbursement. Airport Lounge Reimbursement Program benefits and conditions of participation subject to change. See reimbursement form for complete terms.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:20 am

i am having similar issues. and with all the recent lounge access changes, i buy my passes in advance (which skyguide said was ok to do) and have explained that no documentation is given when i actually USE the pass at the lounge. i submit a monthly receipt of my advance purchase and on the form you must submit for reimbursement, i indicate the date that i actually used the pass.

and recently, they have not been reimbursing.

let's not let them do this to us! i have been emailing (with long waits for replies...) to this email address :
[email protected]

here's a phone number :

don't give up! or we won't get paid! and please post anything you find out. thanks!
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by mia
The terms include three references to dates. If your receipt does not show the date of the visit, how does Skyguide verify that you (a) have completed the visit, (b) are claiming for only one visit in a month and (c) that you have mailed the claim within 30 days of the visit?
They have never asked for proof of visit date, only that the receipt be mailed within 30 days of use. I have always sent them my receipt, which is dated the day I purchased the pass (in the past from delta.com or aa.com and more recently from ebay). Along with a completed form which asks for the date the pass was used. If they want a receipt showing date used, not purchased, then the terms should clearly state that. Unfortunately that would be difficult to produce. I know AA has in the past written "used" and a date by hand with a pen on the passes. They don't give you another receipt. The only way I know to actually get a receipt for date of use would be to purchase the pass at the desk, which I do not like doing as I've had lounges turn me away if they are restricting access. If you already have a day pass, they usually accept it and allow entry. They are less likely to turn you away if you've already spent the money on the pass vs. you are standing there asking to buy one.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:20 am

i am having similar issues. and with all the recent lounge access changes, i buy my passes in advance (which skyguide said was ok to do) and have explained that no documentation is given when i actually USE the pass at the lounge. i submit a monthly receipt of my advance purchase and on the form you must submit for reimbursement, i indicate the date that i actually used the pass. and recently, they have not been reimbursing.
Yes, that's exactly what's happening to me! I email them a few years ago and asked if ebay purchases were ok and got a confirmation they were. So that's how I've been buying for some time. Now all of a sudden they are claiming something that is not part of the T&Cs for rationale to deny claims. I sent an email asking for a supervisor to call me. I'll give it a week and then email again, and again and again if I have to. I also took screen shots of the terms just so I have proof of the current written terms. Hey, if they want to change the terms, that's their prerogative. But they need actually change them and not enforce made up terms. If they want to do that, then they need to refund my annual fee.
@rmah - So where do you stand with your reimbursements? Are you still fighting?

As I just responded to another poster, I don't know how I would actually ever get a receipt for date of use unless I'm purchasing the pass at the desk. And then how would they even know that I actually used it then? I mean I could buy a pass and pocket the pass for later. How is that any different than sending them a date of purchase receipt and wiring down the date it was used? I do not know of any lounge that provides a receipt for actually using the pass! Except for maybe Priority Pass when they scan my card and hand me a receipt showing how many people I got in. But United scans the barcode and done. Nothing in writing, no additional receipt.

Does anyone have any experience other than mine when accessing a lounge? Is there actually a receipt that says USED and a date on it that a lounge hands out?

Last edited by mia; Jun 30, 2019 at 11:44 am Reason: Formatting
Old Jun 30, 2019, 3:44 pm

i'm still fighting. i'm still hoping.

i would recommend sending a detailed email rather than asking for a call from their end. they are pretty good at actually reading and responding to emails versus copying and pasting some sort of generic response. it will take time. but i've never had a non-response. also, always good to have what they say in writing versus verbally. because what they are asking for is in contrast to their t&c's!!

also, i may not even want to, but they say they cannot renew or start new memberships until this coming winter. huh?!?

let's keep updating this thread!! let's rally!!! ha ha
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:14 am

i'm still fighting. i'm still hoping.

i would recommend sending a detailed email rather than asking for a call from their end. they are pretty good at actually reading and responding to emails versus copying and pasting some sort of generic response. it will take time. but i've never had a non-response. also, always good to have what they say in writing versus verbally. because what they are asking for is in contrast to their t&c's!!
Thanks. I did send a very detailed message a couple days ago explaining my position and pointing out the fact that they are quoting terms that are not actually written anywhere. And stated that the United lounge does not give out a second receipt when a pass is used.

Here's the response I got: "We do apologize, however to obtain this information you will need to contact them directly."

Huh? What the heck does that even mean? I'm assuming they mean I should contact United? I didn't ask for information on how to get a receipt. I asked for a supervisor to call me to discuss them making up fake terms to justify not paying me for 4 months of lounge passes. Not impressed with the current customer service. When Bobby Adams was handling things you could speak with a person in Tampa. Now it's merely sales people who speak such poor English I seriously can't understand them and they have no clue what they are even selling.

I'm not giving up yet. I'll email them every dang day. Just wishing I could do a chargeback for my annual fee but it's been too long now.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:50 pm

i've learned that very detailed and very kind (even slightly apologetic) emails work best. i don't think ANY clubs/lounges sell day passes anymore. i may be wrong on that. but i think the only day passes that are "out there" are via ebay or cc promotions.

regardless, the point is they are asking something that doesn't correspond with their t&c.

i'm not sure what the email response you got actually means? i would email them back and ask specifically what they mean.

i would advise NOT emailing them every day. i did it. and they told me to be patient and i'd eventually receive personal replies. which i did.

if you call that phone number i posted, call m-f 9-5 if you want to speak to a supervisor. i've done this once and the guy i got kept repeating the same thing over and over and wouldn't directly address the t&c issue.

also, yes, bobby adams was 'da man!

good luck!!
Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
You mentioned buying them on eBay. It looks like they go for about half price are there, about $30 each. Do you then try to get the reimbursement for the full face value amount? I would understand why they make that rule then to avoid people gaming the system. It ruins it for everybody.

If you are just being honest about it and trying to get refunded the amount you an eBay seller, how do you designate how much you paid for it?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:57 pm

i only ask for what i pay. i submit ebay receipts. i don't scam. i play by the rules.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:15 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
i only ask for what i pay. i submit ebay receipts. i don't scam. i play by the rules.
You would think they would be jumping to pay you since you are saving them what they could have otherwise paid!
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by DMSFCA
You would think they would be jumping to pay you since you are saving them what they could have otherwise paid!
my thoughts exactly. however, my thoughts are not the reality of their practicality!
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:50 am

i've learned that very detailed and very kind (even slightly apologetic) emails work best. i don't think ANY clubs/lounges sell day passes anymore. i may be wrong on that. but i think the only day passes that are "out there" are via ebay or cc promotions.

regardless, the point is they are asking something that doesn't correspond with their t&c.

i'm not sure what the email response you got actually means? i would email them back and ask specifically what they mean.

i would advise NOT emailing them every day. i did it. and they told me to be patient and i'd eventually receive personal replies. which i did.

if you call that phone number i posted, call m-f 9-5 if you want to speak to a supervisor. i've done this once and the guy i got kept repeating the same thing over and over and wouldn't directly address the t&c issue.

good luck!!
I was really hoping to get some answers asap as I'm out four months of reimbursements so far and really do not want to continue sending any more without some clarification. I only visit the lounges because of this membership. I would not waste $200 on lounge visits except for the expectation that I would be receiving reimbursements in good faith.

What exactly do they want? What exactly do they actually want to see to meet these made up T&Cs that are no where to be found in writing? What is anyone else sending in with success in the last few months? For years, my ebay receipts and the filled out form sufficed, now it doesn't, so what do they want to see? As I mentioned, United scans a barcode, they don't give out receipts saying "pass used" and a date. Any recent success stories would be greatly helpful.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:00 am

good luck!!
So I did do some calling today and it was a waste of time. Each department transferred me to another, and around and around and back to the first department. I did, though, get a clarification on their last response.... telling me to "contact THEM directly" meant I was supposed to contact Skyguide CONCIERGE. Haha. Like I know who THEM is! I did speak with Concierge and they transferred me back to the Billing department, who tried to transfer me to Concierge. Total joke. Concierge kept asking me who I wanted to talk to. I'd explain what I wanted, ask for a supervisor, and he would ask again who I wanted to talk to.

FYI for future info. Concierge # is 703-940-8190. And billing is 855-285-0291.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.