Amex Skyguide Executive Privilege Club

Old Aug 25, 2009, 5:52 pm

Programs: OP, SPG, Amex MR
I do have Amex Plat card, but I guess I never paid any attention to any mailers from Amex I am assuming that it is a targeted offer, but if not, can someone share the promo code or any special phone number to get the $29.99 for the first year deal for Amex Plat holders? Thanks.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by A.d.a.m.NYC
I noticed that several airlines, (for example: AA for their Admiral's club) allow people to buy a one-day guest pass for $50 on their website in advance. There's a note that says that the purchaser of the day pass need not be the actual guest. So, I was wondering ... would it be possible to just buy an Admiral's club pass three times per month on aa.com (in order to get the up to 3 x $50 reimbursement monthly from AMEX Executive Skyguide club) and then just use the accumulated day passes for one's self and/or one's guests, in due course?
So, you can get reimbursed for a max of $1800 per year (12*150). How much do airline club day passes go for on ebay? Can someone open multiple skyguide exec club accounts? (Just for discussion purposes)

I bet that even if you legitimately ask for $1800 per year, they will shut you down pretty quick for any bogus reason.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 12:09 pm

Just looked at the posted website link and it now says $199 for the first year after two free months. Quite a difference from $59 per year as noted above. Anyone have another sign-up link that has the $59 per year offer?
Old Aug 26, 2009, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by smcgrath12
I do have Amex Plat card, but I guess I never paid any attention to any mailers from Amex I am assuming that it is a targeted offer, but if not, can someone share the promo code or any special phone number to get the $29.99 for the first year deal for Amex Plat holders? Thanks.
Please don't bother. Amex just cancelled my accounts.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 10:09 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
I'm was fortunate to get the 2.99 then 29.95 then 59.95 deal in 04/09. There is no special code, you had to mail in this special postcard that they gave you though. The lounge benefit is phenomenal, you just have to be good about keeping your receipts and mailing it in. But they always get reimbursed. I've tried to send it twice by regular mail and somehow it ALWAYS gets lost(but they are really nice and will just process it with copies) This time around I'll send it Certified.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 2:31 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mrkymark
I'm was fortunate to get the 2.99 then 29.95 then 59.95 deal in 04/09. There is no special code, you had to mail in this special postcard that they gave you though. The lounge benefit is phenomenal, you just have to be good about keeping your receipts and mailing it in. But they always get reimbursed. I've tried to send it twice by regular mail and somehow it ALWAYS gets lost(but they are really nice and will just process it with copies) This time around I'll send it Certified.
I'm almost at the end of my first year's membership; I'm hoping they will let me renew at the $59.95 rate. Did you RENEW yet (at $59.95)?
PS: They also offer day passes at gyms with reimbursement of $25 per use (while traveling on business), has anyone used this nice feature?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat
gym fee reimbursement

I have used this many times while traveling. You mail them the original receipt and a form and they send you back a check. Very paper intensive, but they do reimburse you up to $25 per gym visit on the road. I like this feature.^
Old Sep 29, 2009, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP (and 3mm), SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Virtuoso, FSPP
I have an Amex Plat card that I use for lounge access regularly to AA's AC but (and this is a little sad) I am considering joining the skyguide club to buy day passes to the AC since those include free wifi. I've been considering a tmobile membership or an AC membership, but this option is cheaper than both.

Can you imagine the perplexed look on the AC agent's face when I give her my Amex Plat card and tell her I want a day pass.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 6:52 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
SkyGuide Executive Club will reimburse a maximum of three lounge day passes per calendar month. Does that cover all of your usage? You can buy T-Mobile DayPasses for $7.99 each.

https://selfcare.hotspot.t-mobile.co...ubmitImage.y=9
Old Oct 3, 2009, 2:44 pm

Changes January 1, 2010 to gym/lounge reimbursement

Just renewed for $59.95. starting 1/1/10:

Will only reimburse once per month for health club and once per month for airline lounge pass. Still 3 times per month for each untill then.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt
Originally Posted by NorthernAZtraveler

Will only reimburse once per month for health club and once per month for airline lounge pass. Still 3 times per month for each untill then.
do you know if this is for everyone or just the terms of your renewal?

if it's for everyone, i may try to pre-buy passes online for the next few months, as i only got my card today and was excited about it, guess it was too good to last?
Old Oct 18, 2009, 12:35 pm

Health club and lounge reimbursement

I assume it's for all, even new members. Call them to find out.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 5:34 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NorthernAZtraveler

I just renewed my "membership", where does it state the change in airline lounge reimbursement frequency from 3 to 1 per month--the website still mentions 3?
Old Oct 26, 2009, 8:06 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just spoke with customer service at the Executive Privilege Club, and asked them about changes in airline club access--they checked their records and (so far) there is NO change--they did say that health club access is being reduced to 1 time/month and the reimbursement fee is now $25.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 4:38 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
I called and joined at a rate of 89/year, a little higher but no big deal if the benefits work out as well as they should.

I also wonder if there are any international airline carriers that allow the purchase of one day passes. It would also be interesting (liek LAX) if you access the STAR alliance combined lounge with a UA one day pass - thus getting quite a nice deal

Thanks,

Last edited by patchan8984; Oct 29, 2009 at 11:45 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.