Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Skyguide Executive Privilege Club

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2012, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Or write to express your gratitude for the changes, because you know it will allow them to continue offering this program for years into the future.
The new changes are bogus. What difference does it make if I use all 12 passes at once, or if I use them once a month? The reimbursement amount is still the same. SkyGuide is basically trying to get out of having to reimburse 12 lounges. If they don't want to give 12 lounge passes, why not offer 6 that can be used anytime?

It's not really worth the money if half the time you travel you can't use the lounge. May as well get the AMEX platinum at that point...
Old Dec 2, 2012, 4:30 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Mr33Slim
What difference does it make if I use all 12 passes at once, or if I use them once a month?
Because the economics of the program depend on folks not using all 12 passes.

For those of us meticulous enough, who actually travel frequently and want occasional lounge access, it works out great.

The rest of the membership, who don't fit that mold, subsidize us.

If all it took was sending in an envelope with 12 receipts for pre-paid passes, there wouldn't be a realistic possibility of them making money from this.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Because the economics of the program depend on folks not using all 12 passes.

For those of us meticulous enough, who actually travel frequently and want occasional lounge access, it works out great.

The rest of the membership, who don't fit that mold, subsidize us.

If all it took was sending in an envelope with 12 receipts for pre-paid passes, there wouldn't be a realistic possibility of them making money from this.
I agree with what you are saying in theory, but the reality is that offering one lounge pass a month is a lot like a Mexican restaurant offering chips, but no salsa. It's incomplete. I have a feeling SkyGuide will ultimately amend its policy if the backlash is strong enough, and so far everything I've seen online, most members like myself think that the new policy is bogus.

Instead of doing these trial $20/year memberships, just keep the price what it normally is, and then there would be no need to dilute existing members' privileges.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 3:54 pm

I still have 10 passes that I can purchase for this year. It looks like I will go ahead and purchase lounge access for all my upcoming trips that I have planned for next year.

I wonder what would happen if you purchase lounge access twice in a month but send the second receipt the following month. I know you have 30 days to turn the receipt in.

I also wonder if you could have two memberships. I know this is an additional cost but could be worth while. Then you could always use the lounge access twice on a trip.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 2:57 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, and no status whatsoever on the airlines (!)
For those of us with SkyGuide memberships looking to maximize the value in 2012...

1) Which airlines allow pre-purchasing of day passes? So far, I can only find AA.com (well, Delta, but it looks like their passes are good for the next 24 hours?!) Oh, and I read that United offers daypasses via their iPhone app, but I have an Android phone, not an iPhone.
2) I'm assuming there are no other loopholes I should know about?
3) Once my membership at $21something ends, is it possible to buy another $21 membership again (assuming one of those nifty links start working again), or do I need to just suck it up and pay $59 or $89/yr or whatever if I want to keep the service?

Thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2012, 5:56 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by ThatAdamGuy
For those of us with SkyGuide memberships looking to maximize the value in 2012...

1) Which airlines allow pre-purchasing of day passes? So far, I can only find AA.com (well, Delta, but it looks like their passes are good for the next 24 hours?!) Oh, and I read that United offers daypasses via their iPhone app, but I have an Android phone, not an iPhone.
2) I'm assuming there are no other loopholes I should know about?
3) Once my membership at $21something ends, is it possible to buy another $21 membership again (assuming one of those nifty links start working again), or do I need to just suck it up and pay $59 or $89/yr or whatever if I want to keep the service?

Thanks!
Delta - I think you specify the date but can use it any time
AA- same as delta.
UA - you can also buy with android app
Alaska - you can buy one day passes

No other loopholes I can think of.

When your membership renews they jack up the price, cheap price is only introductory.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 1:02 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, and no status whatsoever on the airlines (!)
Much thanks! That's very helpful info!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by mrkymark
Delta - I think you specify the date but can use it any time
AA- same as delta.
UA - you can also buy with android app
Alaska - you can buy one day passes
No. 1 Travelers Club, various London airports. Must specify date. They have spa appointments, showers, bedrooms, family room, and much more.

http://www.no1traveller.com/heathrow...terminal-3.htm

Delta is having a sale on lounge passes; 4 SkyClub passes for $99. Tip of the hat to The Points Guy who wrote that "to get the passes at the special rate, you need to go to an actual SkyClub at an airport, mention the promotional rate and buy them there – they’re not available online for the discounted rate." See
http://thepointsguy.com/ for more info.

Last edited by poptarts; Dec 6, 2012 at 9:27 pm
Old Dec 10, 2012, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by poptarts
No. 1 Travelers Club, various London airports. Must specify date. They have spa appointments, showers, bedrooms, family room, and much more.

http://www.no1traveller.com/heathrow...terminal-3.htm
I read up-thread that you don't have to use an Amex for purchasing lounge access. Do you have any experience purchasing the lounge w/ No. 1 ahead of time using Visa/MC and getting reimbursed?

Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 8:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Corridor!
I read up-thread that you don't have to use an Amex for purchasing lounge access. Do you have any experience purchasing the lounge w/ No. 1 ahead of time using Visa/MC and getting reimbursed?

Thanks!
I have purchased with visa and AmEx but I have have yet to be reimbursed. My first envelope, via certified mail, was lost in the mail so I had to resend it. I will update the list with the outcome.

I am getting frustrated with Skyguide, especially with the new 2013 rules. I waited 20 minutes in line at the post office to send more requests for reimbursement via certified mail. I tired of having to make a trip to the antiquated post office and wait in line. I think this is a lame rule.

Plus, in 2013, you can only get reimbursed one lounge visit per month. Well, if I am traveling, I'm going to the lounge twice, inbound and outbound. So I'm limited to paying out of pocket or only visiting the lounge once.

In addition, you must submit the original receipt so what if gets lost again like my first batch of receipts did?

I will most likely cancel my membership as soon as I get reimbursed for my lounge visits.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 5:46 am

Will be traveling within a couple of weeks. Since the new program starts January 2013, will i have a problem being reimbursed for using the Airport Lounge 3 times this month?

Also, will an Amex Prepaid credit card or Marriott Visa card work for reimbursement or would this be a hassle to fight for your money?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Gym abroad

Originally Posted by kikier
Have anyone tried to use gym while abroad? I saw the form here,
http://www.skyguideclub.com/admin/me...imb_form.3.pdf
and mentioned ‘Purchase a guest pass at any health club in the U.S. while you are traveling’ Does it mean I can only use gym in the US ? Thanks
I asked them the same question, and got no response. Somewhere in their ads they say "any gym" and elsewhere they say "U.S. gym".

In any case, my 4 claims from Australia have been processed, so any gym seems to work. Be pretty short-sited to allow international lounges but only domestic gyms.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
I was wondering if I would continue this or not.
My membership finishes in a few days, and no info on renewal prices or rule changes have come yet.

This year I got about $150 in gym and $150 in lounge use. However at 1/month I am not sure whether or not I can justify it. All depends on the renewal charge.

How much are you all renewing for (those that have)?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
I was wondering if I would continue this or not.
My membership finishes in a few days, and no info on renewal prices or rule changes have come yet.

This year I got about $150 in gym and $150 in lounge use. However at 1/month I am not sure whether or not I can justify it. All depends on the renewal charge.

How much are you all renewing for (those that have)?
When I received the enrollment package a couple of days ago, it stated automatic renewal for $29.99.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:04 pm

max it out this year 2012

So can we still max it out this year? My wife and myself both have accounts and have only brought 2 passes so far. So should we buy 10 more before dec 31? Also do you know how we can get delta to reissue the passes we did purchase?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.