Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Skyguide Executive Privilege Club

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
There a a number of lounges that don't take AMEX (Thai in BKK, ANA in HND for example), so I am happy to hear the news AMEX is not required.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by petzpanz
Maybe a stupid question to some but can I use my Bluebird Amex for this offer? That's the only Amex I have and my credit history isn't long enough yet to get a "real" Amex.

Thanks in advance!
petzpanz
I am planning to use my Bluebird when abroad since it doesn't have foreign transaction fees.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 9:58 pm

Does a Health Club in a hotel work for reimbursement? It doesn't seem like there are Health Clubs such as 24hour fitness in Jerusalem. Folks are recommending the Spa and Gym at Hotels.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: OnePass, AA
About 15 minutes ago I signed up using this link for $19.99: https://subscription.timeinc.com/sto...l?link=1005217. I received a welcome email with member id almost immediately, followed the links to register online and got another email almost immediately that my account was activated.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT, VS Gold, SPG Plat, Le Club Plat, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by metoo
Does a Health Club in a hotel work for reimbursement? It doesn't seem like there are Health Clubs such as 24hour fitness in Jerusalem. Folks are recommending the Spa and Gym at Hotels.
There doesn't seem to be a stipulation that the health club must be a stand-alone operation. I haven't yet tried it, but don't see why it wouldn't be reimbursable.

http://www.skyguideclub.com/?Obj=LoungeAndGym&Clear=Yes
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Data point (I guess its called). I applied in late October using the 19.99 link. No email ever, no welcome packet in the mail. I even emailed them a couple weeks ago. They could not find me in the membership.

Then, I get my Amex statement yesterday, and the charge is there. So I went to the site and put in the information on the customer service link and I have a membership. The charge hit my account over two weeks after signing up online.

Amazed but happy
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:25 am

Has any one had any success purchasing united club passes via the united iphone app and then sending the emailed receipts? They are available at $45 and are stored with your account. I could buy 10 of them to use up my remaining passes!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 2:58 pm

Was on the Skyguide and saw changes to the program announced. Only one lounge pass per month now: http://www.skyguideclub.com/?Obj=LoungeAndGym&Clear=Yes
Old Nov 28, 2012, 3:06 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mabramovich
Only one lounge pass per month now:
Thank you. This was the original program, then they changed it to twelve per year, now back to one per month.

NOTICE OF CHANGE TO LOUNGE AND GYM REIMBURSEMENT PROGRAM TERMS
A change to our lounge and gym reimbursement benefit will go into effect on January 1, 2013 and apply to the 2013 calendar year and forward. We've outlined below what will remain the same and what will change.

LOUNGE PROGRAM
What remains the same:
- Members can purchase a one-day lounge pass for their own use at any airport lounge and receive a reimbursement of up to $50 per pass.
- Reimbursements are limited to a maximum of 12 per calendar year.
- Lounge pass is not transferable and must be used by active Club member only.
-Reimbursements will be mailed 4-6 weeks after our receipt of the original lounge pass receipt and completed reimbursement form.
- Monthly or yearly airport lounge memberships are not eligible for reimbursement.

What changes effective January 1, 2013:
- Members may only submit and receive reimbursement for one lounge pass per month, per Club membership number.
- Visit must be completed by member prior to reimbursement submission.
- Original lounge pass receipt must be submitted within 30 days of use of pass.

GYM PROGRAM
What remains the same:
- Members can purchase a one-day gym pass for their own use while traveling and receive a reimbursement of up to $25 per pass.
- Reimbursements are limited to a maximum of 12 per calendar year.
- Gym pass is not transferable and must be used by active Club member only.
- Reimbursements will be mailed 4-6 weeks after our receipt of the original gym pass receipt and completed reimbursement form.
- Monthly dues or yearly health club/gym memberships are not eligible for reimbursement.

What changes effective January 1, 2013:
- Members may only submit and receive reimbursement for one gym pass per month, per Club membership number.
- Visit must be completed by member prior to reimbursement submission.
- Original gym pass receipt must be submitted within 30 days of use of pass.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:53 am

well, that sucks!

Most people don't go round-trip in two different months!

I'm disappointed. You would think they would let you finish your 1 year membership with the original deal you signed up for.

I knew it was too good to be true.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by lbotez
well, that sucks!

Most people don't go round-trip in two different months!

I'm disappointed. You would think they would let you finish your 1 year membership with the original deal you signed up for.

I knew it was too good to be true.
How can they legitimately do this to existing members? This is not the deal I signed up for.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 3:10 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MichaelKade
How can they legitimately do this to existing members? This is not the deal I signed up for.
I bet they would give you your signup money back...

With blogs promoting the idea of buying 24 passes ahead, how long did folks think Skyguide would live with trading $1200 for a $20 signup, without some hoops?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 1:51 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
While I do think that "the back to the old way" generally sucks, we definitely saw a lot less gaming of it when it was once a month reimbursement.

People just got real greedy about and with all good things it comes to end quickly.

Been with SkyGuide for 3 yrs now. Prices keep leaping up/year but I think it is still a good program at 100 bucks/year. But beyond that I dont/will not think so.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 3:57 pm

Contact SkyGuide

I think everyone here agrees that the old plan (12 passes/year, usable anytime) was far better because of the fact that most people travel round trip in less than 30 days.

The more people who contact SkyGuide and complain about these changes, and how they truly devalue the program, the more likely that the new policy will be reversed or altered to something more fair. It looks like SkyGuide has tinkered with the policy in years past and it can't hurt letting Customer Service know that these new changes are unacceptable for most travelers' needs.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 4:04 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Mr33Slim
The more people who contact SkyGuide and complain about these changes, and how they truly devalue the program, the more likely that the new policy will be reversed or altered to something more fair.
Or write to express your gratitude for the changes, because you know it will allow them to continue offering this program for years into the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.