Amex Skyguide Executive Privilege Club

Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:42 pm

We just visited 4 countries and used this program for the 1st time. I used loungeexpert.com to look in advance where the lounges were and cross-referenced the airline webpages to be sure about day passes. Loungeexpert did help with locations, times and some pictures.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 8:21 pm

Programs: United, SPG
Just got AMEX Plat. and obviously get lounge access as part of it but am doing domestic leg of MegaDO leaving from ORD-LAX-SFO-IAH-ORD and need to meet the minimum spend.

Say I get 1 lounge pass at every departure and arrival airport. 8 passes x $50 is $400. Would I have any issue mailing them all in at once and getting reimbursed?

Figure with the 2 month free trial for $2.95, this is an easy way to clear $600 in lounge passes.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 2:43 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by onesweetworld
Just got AMEX Plat. and obviously get lounge access as part of it but am doing domestic leg of MegaDO leaving from ORD-LAX-SFO-IAH-ORD and need to meet the minimum spend.

Say I get 1 lounge pass at every departure and arrival airport. 8 passes x $50 is $400. Would I have any issue mailing them all in at once and getting reimbursed?

Figure with the 2 month free trial for $2.95, this is an easy way to clear $600 in lounge passes.
Theoretically, yes that works, but there are reports just a couple posts above yours that the $2.95 offer doesn't work anymore. You can try to sign up and see what happens.

There's the $19.95 offer but there been a delay in getting the membership. You need to be a member during the visit to get reimbursed.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by poptarts
I have trouble with the various links not working. I just signed up on the telephone via customer service. The representative was extremely helpful although the process is somewhat time consuming. I signed up for 3 accounts: me and my two children.

Customer Service inquiries, please call 1-800-365-4357.
What did it cost that way?

TIA
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Ceres
What did it cost that way?

TIA
$9.66 total for a two-month trial for three accounts. I am sure they will auto charge if I do not cancel before the two months expire.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Thank you

It is then 199 for the year. I was looking for a more reasonable offer like the 29 or 59 after the first two months.

It probably is worth the 199 with all the skypasses but I dont fly that many connections
Old Nov 6, 2012, 1:10 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Ceres, et al:

This is the link for $19.99 for one year: https://subscription.timeinc.com/sto...l?link=1005217

Is this the one you are trying that is no longer working?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 1:34 pm

yes that is the one that does not work (for me)

Thank You
Old Nov 6, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum

Thank You
Ditto.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 1:40 pm

And just want to confirm - you attempt to buy it from that link, it claims to go through, but then you never see a credit card charge and you can never log in directly to the skyguide website?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 1:53 pm

Correct.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 1:57 pm

Correct.
Really unfortunate turn of events here...
Old Nov 6, 2012, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Really unfortunate turn of events here...
And frustrating because now they have my credit card information.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: AA PLT, VS Gold, SPG Plat, Le Club Plat, Amex Plat
Just a new data point. I signed up via https://subscription.timeinc.com/sto...l?link=1005217 about 10 days ago. I received no confirmation email or charge to my Amex - and just figured it didn't go through as others reported. Today, I just received a welcome email with my membership number.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:24 pm

I signed up just now and it worked instantly. I just got the confirmation email in less than 30 minutes. I used this link:
https://subscription.timeinc.com/sto...l?link=1005217

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.