Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Skyguide Executive Privilege Club

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Amex Plat.
I signed up for SkyGuide early in the year, never used it for anything because I usually am able to use my Amex Plat or Priority Pass. I hate to lose the reimbursement benefits.

However, I am taking a family (2 adults, 2 kids) trip over thanksgiving on United. So, PP or Amex won't get me in the UA lounges.

Could I use the UA mobile app to purchase multiple day passes in advance and use these for me and the family members? Or does the pass have to be used ONLY by me (for my access) regardless if the other are traveling with me? And be able to get reimbursed?

Thanks for your input.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 1:04 pm

The terms and conditions only cover passes used by yourself. Others, including traveling companions aren't covered.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Amex Plat.
Originally Posted by oshelef
The terms and conditions only cover passes used by yourself. Others, including traveling companions aren't covered.
Thanks - how would SkyGuide know who actually used the pass?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by Preacher7
I had to use an MC at the New Delhi Lounge b/c they didn't take Amex. I've read that they'll give the credit in international situations like this.
Following up on the need to use an AmEx card. I sent them an email and got the following reply (bolding mind)

Originally Posted by SkyGuide Customer Service
Dear Mr. ClimbGuy,

We recently received your inquiry regarding SkyGuide Executive Privilege Club Airport Lounge Reimbursements. You do not need to use your American Express Card to pay for airport lounge or health club access in order to be eligible for reimbursement. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have further questions. Thank you for being a valued member of the SkyGuide Executive Privilege Club.

Best,
Meredith
Old Oct 28, 2012, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by ClimbGuy
Following up on the need to use an AmEx card. I sent them an email and got the following reply (bolding mind)
Strange and interesting ... sounds like the fact that it was an international lounge was irrelevant.

The one time I requested and received a reimbursement, the receipt I sent didn't indicate the credit card info. The Skyclub form asked what credit card I used and I stated AMEX and the card number, but I don't think they independently verified.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 9:33 am

All of my Amex cards have a fee for using them abroad. You can get the Blue Bird and use it when abroad as it doesn't have foreign transaction fees.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: UA 2P, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, National EE, Avis PC
Does anyone have a link/copy of the reimbursement form? The website link to the form hasn't been working for the past few weeks. TIA.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 5:49 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Originally Posted by cwilson830
Does anyone have a link/copy of the reimbursement form? The website link to the form hasn't been working for the past few weeks. TIA.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?rb7fsp3koum9dps
Old Oct 30, 2012, 6:23 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
Skyguide's website says in MEL that the Delta and UA lounges are options for us.
The SkyGuide site seems to strongly suggest that any airline-operated lounge is ok - that the search engine is simply a suggestion as to what might be available.

Anyone have any other experiences?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 2P, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, National EE, Avis PC
Originally Posted by caGALINDO
Thank you very much!
Old Nov 3, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Can someone please send me a code that worked recently

I tried the facebook 19.99 ten days ago and nothing.

I would appreciate anything that has recently worked, a 2.99 and 29 or a 2.99 and a 59.

Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Old Nov 4, 2012, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Ceres
Can someone please send me a code that worked recently

I tried the facebook 19.99 ten days ago and nothing.

I would appreciate anything that has recently worked, a 2.99 and 29 or a 2.99 and a 59.

Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
^ I tried the $19.99 link 3 times already and nothing. Would like a working link.

thanks
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
I have trouble with the various links not working. I just signed up on the telephone via customer service. The representative was extremely helpful although the process is somewhat time consuming. I signed up for 3 accounts: me and my two children.

Customer Service inquiries, please call 1-800-365-4357.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Which lounge is best to use while waiting to depart on our Virgin Atlantic flight to LAX? (only flying premium economy so no lounge access)

Servisair
Air Canada
American Airlines

Thanks!
Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by ClimbGuy
Originally Posted by SkyGuide Customer Service
Dear Mr. ClimbGuy,

We recently received your inquiry regarding SkyGuide Executive Privilege Club Airport Lounge Reimbursements. You do not need to use your American Express Card to pay for airport lounge or health club access in order to be eligible for reimbursement. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have further questions. Thank you for being a valued member of the SkyGuide Executive Privilege Club.

Best,
Meredith
Thanks for posting this. We were denied use of our Amex in DPS, (Bali) and were quite disappointed. There was a fabulous "Premier lounge" for $50 who did not take Amex-- the lesser 2 beer limit lounge had the Amex logo, but the staff would not run the Amex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.