Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Skyguide Executive Privilege Club

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by uncflyer16
I was two for two "lost in the mail" before I gave up and cancelled. It's my belief that you must send things certified or they will not issue the reimbursement.
That's correct.
Old May 8, 2012, 4:25 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
I'm 0/1 I sent in online admirals pass with certified mail. They have like 1 week left before its official 0/1!!!! Ughhh my trial ends soon is it worth betting on em?!
Old May 8, 2012, 6:53 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by uncflyer16
It's my belief that you must send things certified or they will not issue the reimbursement.
Scroll back to post 112 for a report that using certified mail is not required.
Old May 9, 2012, 4:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Has anyone used any benefit of this membership other than the lounge or gym reimbursement? My brain glazes over when I look at the other offers, but perhaps I'm overlooking something worthwhile, if not special?
Old May 10, 2012, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by mia
Scroll back to post 112 for a report that using certified mail is not required.
That or a similar post is the reason why I tried regular mail with no success. Maybe my postman is just really bad, but my experience with this program was pretty lousy.
Old May 20, 2012, 12:01 am

Anyone managed to sign up on the 2 month trial and get reimbursed before the trial renewed?

And anyone actually get reimbursed lately?
Old May 20, 2012, 11:26 am

Looks like it's only airline-operated lounges that are reimbursed? So for example a third party lounge like a Servisair or a Plaza Premium lounge would not count, eh?
Old May 20, 2012, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by oshelef
Anyone managed to sign up on the 2 month trial and get reimbursed before the trial renewed?

And anyone actually get reimbursed lately?
I was reimbursed in mid March for three lounge passes I purchased in person during January 2012. I submitted the reimbursement towards the end of January. I did sent my package certified mail.
Old May 21, 2012, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by marble123
I was reimbursed in mid March for three lounge passes I purchased in person during January 2012. I submitted the reimbursement towards the end of January. I did sent my package certified mail.
Thanks for the data point. Is there consensus on which lounges qualify? I.e. if they don't print a name, does that invalidate them?
Old May 21, 2012, 6:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
I have never had anything rejected, even if I submit past the deadline, or the receipt is not completely clear.
Old May 21, 2012, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by mabramovich
Looks like it's only airline-operated lounges that are reimbursed? So for example a third party lounge like a Servisair or a Plaza Premium lounge would not count, eh?
To answer my own question, I contacted Amex who informed me that any lounge within an airport is eligible.
Old May 22, 2012, 6:36 am

I wanted to provide an update with my own experience. My partner and I both signed up for the trial membership. We purchased each purchased a day pass to the Admiral's Club SFO. We also both purchased a day pass online (which we are keeping to use later this year). We both submitted both receipts separate.

We cancelled our membership after the trial period and before we received our reimbursement checks. But we made sure to submit our claims before our membership was cancelled. Initially, things weren't looking too good. We did not receive payment by the date customer service said we would receive payment by. However, in the end, we both got 2 $50 checks. So... it worked, and it was a good use of the trial period. I only wish we had purchased a few more day passes online, but we didn't want to risk not getting reimbursed.
Old May 23, 2012, 8:15 am
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
$59 or $199?

Depending on which offer I click on it shows a rate (after trial) or either $59 (Post 153) or $199 (Post 151).

Anyone know which is correct.
For $59, seems like a good deal.
Old May 23, 2012, 1:56 pm

By the way, SkyGuide said they would accept louge payment with a Canadian Amex, so I suppose that as long as you get the signup to take your Canadian credit card (which my friend has told me the $30/yr link does), you could participate in this program as a Canadian.
Old May 27, 2012, 12:04 pm

Have anyone tried to use gym while abroad? I saw the form here,
http://www.skyguideclub.com/admin/me...imb_form.3.pdf
and mentioned ‘Purchase a guest pass at any health club in the U.S. while you are traveling’ Does it mean I can only use gym in the US ? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.