Just Closed Amex Biz Plat Acct

Old May 20, 2008, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Personal PLT, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, Hyatt Gold
Just Closed Amex Biz Plat Acct

Well, I knew the annual fees would be coming up again on my next renewal cycle for Amex Biz Plat so I called up today to close the account (both primary and secondary cards). The CSR on the phone fought like heck to keep the account open. First he offered to give me a $150 dollar credit on my statement to help "offset" the annual fees.. I said no thanks.. Then he offered to downgrade the 2 Plat Cards to Gold Cards which have lower annual fees. Anyone know the annual fees on the first and second Gold Biz cards? I had a primary and secondary card with this account. I believe last year the fee was $395 for the primary biz plat card and $200 for the second. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the annual fees for the Biz plat are now at $450 and $250. I already have the 2 personal Plat cards for me and my wife. My wife and I really don't need the 2 biz plat cards with more annual fees and duplicate benefits. I'll find another card for my biz purchases.

Edit: Looks like the Biz Gold is $125 and $45, with fees waived for first year. The Biz Plat is now $450 and $300. I fogott to mention that I just wasn't utilizing the benefits much for the Biz plat.

Last edited by 2thdoc; May 20, 2008 at 6:41 pm
Old May 20, 2008, 9:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The first thing I did once I got my Biz platinum is cancel the personal one. The overlap in benefits is almost 100%, precluding the need to keep both. I use a Blue card linked to the same MR account for personal purchases now and am incredibly happy with the arrangement.

I think you made the correct choice in canceling.
Old May 21, 2008, 7:48 am

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
Maybe you can check out the SPG Amex Business card. There are enough ads here on FT for it, or maybe check Fatwallet. They have some good promos to start, low annual fee (free for 1st year maybe?) and that would be a way to get some hotel nights (or AA miles as they transfer more nicely out of SPG than MR).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.