Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Concierge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2008, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Platinum Concierge

I just received my first reply from the Platinum Concierge. They got back to me within 10 hours or so with a very detailed response. I was impressed.

Does anyone know if I can just save the email address that it was sent from and send questions to that email address from now on rather than doing it through the online concierge website? Does anyone have any experience with this?
Old Apr 10, 2008, 3:09 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by swf83

Does anyone know if I can just save the email address that it was sent from and send questions to that email address from now on rather than doing it through the online concierge website? Does anyone have any experience with this?
Yes
Old Apr 11, 2008, 8:48 pm
PMD

Programs: DL GM, UA PE, National EE, Priority Club Plat, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
I have used this only for replies:

[email protected]
Old Apr 11, 2008, 10:34 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
My one and only interaction with this service was not good..They are not Amex at all,they are contracted by Amex for this service..My request was to find a photographer to come to my home and take a picture suitable for framing with my family and dog..they couldnt find one for me and said they couldnt find one..I fianlly found one just by Goggle..I think the Platinum Concierge is just someone sitting at a computer doing a google search..youd be better off to do it yourself..I found this service useless..
Old Apr 11, 2008, 10:52 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER
My one and only interaction with this service was not good..They are not Amex at all,they are contracted by Amex for this service..My request was to find a photographer to come to my home and take a picture suitable for framing with my family and dog..they couldnt find one for me and said they couldnt find one..I fianlly found one just by Goggle..I think the Platinum Concierge is just someone sitting at a computer doing a google search..youd be better off to do it yourself..I found this service useless..
It is outsourced to a company called Circles. What the concierge can and cannot do has been documented fairly extensively on FT. If you do a search for concierge on here, you will find a lot of information about them. Give them another shot, they can only help.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 11:38 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Starwood Gold, VX elevate
Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER
I am sorry to hear about your disappointment, I have only good things to say about Amex Plat concierge. Regardless of the fact that they're outsourced to Circles (what difference would it really make if it was an Amex employee or a Circles employee doing the research?), they've always been helpful for me. While, yes, you might have just as much luck at researching things by using Google (I'm sure that's what they use, too), they certainly have gone above and beyond for me in many cases. I.E. I wanted a t-shirt once that I couldn't seem to find anywhere, and even after calling the company itself, I couldn't find anyone who could track one day. Amex was able to get to the company themselves and got me an answer within 24-hours. And they're great with reservations for restaurants, etc.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 8:29 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Chanced upon this discussion while looking for something else. Two people who claim to be Circles employees describe working on the American Express account...

http://www.productivity501.com/ameri...concierge/517/

Follow up posts...

http://www.productivity501.com/ameri...ncierge-2/518/

...and this one includes a comment from another person who claims to have worked at Circles...

http://www.productivity501.com/ameri...ncierge-3/519/

For reference, same individual posts identical content on another site...

http://lifehack.wisebyte.org/?p=288

Last edited by mia; Apr 29, 2008 at 8:45 pm
Old Apr 29, 2008, 9:03 pm

I sent them a request through the website for tickets to a performance that had sold out. This was about 10 days ago. I still haven't heard anything back.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 9:24 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Starwood Gold, VX elevate
Originally Posted by eeeee
I sent them a request through the website for tickets to a performance that had sold out. This was about 10 days ago. I still haven't heard anything back.
I would follow up with them. I would also assume a technical glitch. Even in cases where they might not be able to get you tickets, they should still let you know that they are processing your request.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by eeeee
I have had a much better time with called-in requests than emailed requests.

They got me a reservation for a good table at a 5-star restaurant in Philadelphia with about 3 hours' notice. I might have been able to get the same thing by calling the restaurant, but I find it easier to have Cent call - if something doesn't work out, I'm already on the way to finding other accomodations.
Old May 5, 2008, 2:41 am

According to the Concierge you can't email in to start off a new request.
Old May 5, 2008, 10:54 am

Programs: WN A-List, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by nutternet
According to the Concierge you can't email in to start off a new request.
Untrue. I have done that very thing several times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.