Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Application Form

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2008, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion; Visa Infinite; Hertz Gold; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold; Kempinski Private Concierge;
Centurion Application Form

Hello there

Today I have received from The Amex Centurion UK an application form for getting the Centurion Card, but i'm a little bit skeptical because it is not an invitation, it is an enrollment form, I mean an application that I have to fill and I have to join with the form, a copy of my ID, and a proof of residence.

Currently , I'm a Platinum IDC card holder, and i would like to know if I'm going to go through the vigorous approval process ? or If you think that i will be approval based on my history with amex ? (I'm a customer since 2007 only, and did charges the last year about 50K or 60K, Always paid on time).

Does this "kind of invitation" could be rejected ?

Thank You guys.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 10:52 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by SuicidTheory
...I'm a Platinum IDC card holder...customer since 2007 only, and did charges the last year about 50K or 60K....
Dollars or Sterling?
Old Mar 20, 2008, 12:34 pm

Is there any way you can scan it in and post it online? I'm curious too if this is a real application or just some kind of strange marketing? With only 60k spend it wouldn't make sense for them to send that to you.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion; Visa Infinite; Hertz Gold; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold; Kempinski Private Concierge;
Originally Posted by mia
Dollars or Sterling?
Dollars
Old Mar 21, 2008, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ethanwa
Is there any way you can scan it in and post it online? I'm curious too if this is a real application or just some kind of strange marketing? With only 60k spend it wouldn't make sense for them to send that to you.
I know that I did not charges enough to get the card, if we still based on the 250K for the USA, but In UK, it seems that they do not only care about your spending habits, (proof they sent me this form, and I've got an average of 5 or 6K$ a month, So....

But I still hope to get the card.

It's juste that i don't know if i'm going to send the application or not, because, I don't want to be declined.

Here, you will find a link,

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/a5556fd7c1_0.6MB

I have scan one part of the UK IDC application, , please for the members who knows, give me you point of view, if they are going to give me the card, or not ?

THanks
Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:02 am

Programs: Amex Centurion, InterContinental Royal Ambassador
...but i'm a little bit skeptical because it is not an invitation, it is an enrollment form, I mean an application that I have to fill and I have to join with the form, a copy of my ID, and a proof of residence.
That doesn't sound right at all.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LiveFromNY
That doesn't sound right at all.
Thanks for your reply.

I just come to call the Centurion department in the UK, and they said that when they received the application, they are going to make a credit check.

When I did apply for the Platinum, last year, they contacted my bank, and ask them a Bank Guarantee of 75.000$ before giving me a card, because I was a oversea member (but, WHO are not ???, I mean those who applies for an International Dollar Cards are almost ALL outside the UK).

I don't know what I should do....
Old Mar 21, 2008, 11:38 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Sounds like the ordinary verifications process always going on with Amex ICC. The most interesting part here is that they sent you the applications form (you didn't ask it) so they must think that you are good for Centurion, of course before giving you the card they want to verify your financial situation but then it should be okay.

Some of the European Amex offices do that. When I got invitation to Finnish Platinum, it was also a new application actually and they verified my information. It is part of the invitation process, maybe same applies for ICC.

Now I wonder where my IEC Centurion application form is if you got your IDC Centurion application form with that low spending.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 12:23 pm

Programs: VS Gold, Delta Platinum, Amex Centurion, Sixt Platinum
It sounds ok to me. I've had the UK Centurion for a few years but now moved to the US. They will not 'Global Transfer' me to US Centurion but did send me the IDD Centurion application and told me that as it's run from the UK operation there shouldn't be any problems. It's been 2 weeks since I sent back the info so I hope to hear soon. They're losing as I don't put anything through the UK Cent as it's double cost to transfer cash back to the UK.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 1:46 pm

Hello there

Today I have received from The Amex Centurion UK an application form for getting the Centurion Card, but i'm a little bit skeptical because it is not an invitation, it is an enrollment form, I mean an application that I have to fill and I have to join with the form, a copy of my ID, and a proof of residence.

Currently , I'm a Platinum IDC card holder, and i would like to know if I'm going to go through the vigorous approval process ? or If you think that i will be approval based on my history with amex ? (I'm a customer since 2007 only, and did charges the last year about 50K or 60K, Always paid on time).

Does this "kind of invitation" could be rejected ?

Thank You guys.
That's the way they invited me when they launched the IDC Centurion. I was long time Platinum holder in my country, but had a Gold IDC Amex only for US$ expenses.
They sent an application form for Centurion I had to fill and send back. I had to wait at least 3 weeks to receive the (plastic) Centurion card.

Last edited by ahrz; Mar 21, 2008 at 2:04 pm Reason: ...
Old Mar 24, 2008, 4:13 pm

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
Wirelessly posted (Nokia E61i: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.0.10406/286; U; en))

Being a Platinum IDC cardmember myself, I'd be very interested in hearing about any progress here...
Old Mar 24, 2008, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
If they send you an application then you will also get the card once you submit it. That's at least how it is done in Germany. Amex does not want the embarrassment of declining the application. That's why they send out the application only when they are sure you will be approved.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 7:42 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hertz Plat, HHonnors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriot Rewards Regular, Hyatt Gold, PC Gold
im curious about the plat/cent idc/ide cards. i am a US plat, and i am going to be studying abroad in london this fall from sept - dec. on the weekends i will probably travel to many different european countries. if i use my plat card any transaction not in US dollars will get hit with a 2% transaction fee since its in a different currency. Does the IDC or IDE cards prevent that or do they still charge a transaction fee?
Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:47 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Jblackbelt
... any transaction not in US dollars will get hit with a 2% transaction fee since its in a different currency. Does the IDC or IDE cards prevent that or do they still charge a transaction fee?
The Dollar Card foreign currency transaction fee is actually higher, 2.5%.

http://www.americanexpress.com/lacid..._-_Website.pdf

5 Foreign currency charges
a) If you make a Charge in a currency other than US dollars, that Charge will be converted into US dollars. The conversion will take place on the date the Charge is processed by us, which may not be the same date on which you made your Charge as it depends on when the Charge is submitted to us. Unless a specific rate is required by applicable law, you understand and agree that the American Express treasury system will use conversion rates based on interbank rates that it selects from customary industry sources from the business day prior to the processing date, increased by a single conversion fee of 2.5%. If Charges are converted by third parties prior to being submitted to us, any conversions made by those third parties will be at rates
selected by them.

The Euro Currency Card fee is 2%, same as US-issued cards. There is, of course, no fee on transactions denominated in Euros, but you would need to pay American Express in Euros otherwise American Express will assess the fee at the remittance level.

Last edited by mia; Mar 25, 2008 at 5:17 am Reason: Word wrap
Old Mar 25, 2008, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rambuster
If they send you an application then you will also get the card once you submit it. That's at least how it is done in Germany. Amex does not want the embarrassment of declining the application. That's why they send out the application only when they are sure you will be approved.
Oh nice information
I will send them back the application, and then wait at least 3 or 4 weeks, and see if they issued my the card. (I hope)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.