Wiki Posts
Search

FHR + Starwoods stay question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2008, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: amex plat, amex starwoods
FHR + Starwoods stay question

Looking to go to New Orleans sometime soon and got the same rate over the phone for W New Orleans on spg.com and through FHR. Obv with the perks of FHR I am going to book through them. Because I am also an auto-gold spg member w a starwoods credit card, does anyone know if i can get full pts if i charge my stay with my starwoods amex at the end of my trip?

I know that you don't always get the points if you book through an agent such as expedia etc....anyone have experience??

thanks in advance for the responses, i tried my best to look through search function.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 12:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
You can pay with your SPG credit card...

In order to receive Fine Hotels & Resorts Program amenities and rates, reservations must be made through Platinum Travel Services. Payment must be made with an American Express Card in the Platinum Card member’s name.

https://www134.americanexpress.com/t...csg&cdtyp=plat

Click: Terms & Conditions
Old Feb 12, 2008, 6:59 am
Original Poster

thanks mia
i figured i would get the spg points for paying w a spg amex. would i get all the bonus pts for being a gold member on the stay?

i know its possible to get like 5 pts per $ spent when u use a combination of spg amex w gold status
Old Feb 12, 2008, 7:04 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I have no direct experience because I do not use the FHR program, but my understanding is that stays qualify for SPG base and bonus points unless the stay is "prepaid". To my knowledge FHR stays are not prepaid, but stays booked on (for example) Travelocity or Expedia typically are prepaid and do not qualify.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by jon462
Looking to go to New Orleans sometime soon and got the same rate over the phone for W New Orleans on spg.com and through FHR. Obv with the perks of FHR I am going to book through them. Because I am also an auto-gold spg member w a starwoods credit card, does anyone know if i can get full pts if i charge my stay with my starwoods amex at the end of my trip?

I know that you don't always get the points if you book through an agent such as expedia etc....anyone have experience??

thanks in advance for the responses, i tried my best to look through search function.
Yes. I stayed at the SF St. Regis booked with FHR and paid with starwood card. Although in order to get the 3X2 points I had to fax them the bill to get the extra points on my spg
Old Feb 14, 2008, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

thx lakai
which 3x2 pts did they not give you. coudl this have been prevented if you had made them jot your spg # down at check in??
Old Feb 15, 2008, 3:30 am

I've booked FHR at SPG properties a few times, checked-in with an SPG Amex, and got all the bonus points without any other steps like faxing my hotel bills.

I did, however, make sure that the FHR agent noted my SPG number, and also at check-in. No problems getting any of the points posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.