Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:39 pm

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Originally Posted by PainCorp
All the links I find here either send to a redirect loop that causes an error, or don't work anymore. Anyone have a working link?
I don't have a link but a suggestion - call in with some question about your card. I called Amex on my SPG to add Gold status and when the rep was finished taking care of that, he offered me the 10K for extending payments on my Plat.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 4:44 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Does anyone have the 10K link for BGR?
Old Sep 30, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Anyone know how long it should take for the points to post? I have been waiting a few weeks...
Old Sep 30, 2013, 8:26 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by SquarePeg
Anyone know how long it should take for the points to post? I have been waiting a few weeks...
Mine posted within a week. This was few months go.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:10 am
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
Mine & several readers posted within 2 days. I would call and request promised points if your have not posted yet. It's too long. I've had to call in the past for this same promo for another card and they posted the points immediately for me.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 12:43 pm

Mine posted in 5 days early last month.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 5:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by League
I signed up my PRG with the 10k link and AmEx is refusing to issue the points because I wasn't targeted - I'm aware that the terms and conditions may have excluded the PRG anyway (as opposed to the platinum), but they didn't even offer a courtesy 5k since may other PRG holders at least get that
I applied using the 10k link in June for my PRG. I was not targeted. No points posted so I called the MR line last night, got a rather inept agent who first told me that I'm currently not enrolled in extended payment (I am). She seemed confused. After putting me on hold for a while to discuss the case with customer service, she said something along the lines of, "sometimes the online links don't work right" and gave me 10k MR on the spot. Sweet! I think I benefited form a newbie MR agent
Old Oct 6, 2013, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by AirD0c
I applied using the 10k link in June for my PRG. I was not targeted. No points posted so I called the MR line last night, got a rather inept agent who first told me that I'm currently not enrolled in extended payment (I am). She seemed confused. After putting me on hold for a while to discuss the case with customer service, she said something along the lines of, "sometimes the online links don't work right" and gave me 10k MR on the spot. Sweet! I think I benefited form a newbie MR agent
Anyone knows the promo ID for this? The link kept getting the error of 'endless loop' so I can't enroll, would like to try calling but need to know the promo id first, thanks a lot!
Old Oct 11, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: FSPP, Virtuoso, Belmond Bellini Club, STARS, Hyatt Privé, Peninsula PenClub, etc.
That's great, you're lucky. Mine was "being researched" for weeks, and the multiple agents I spoke with mentioned they didn't have the authority to provide the points, that it's become much stricter and has to be sent to Membership Rewards to research.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 5:09 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID RAZR Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-16) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Originally Posted by susieling
Anyone knows the promo ID for this? The link kept getting the error of 'endless loop' so I can't enroll, would like to try calling but need to know the promo id first, thanks a lot!
I have always gotten the same error.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 1:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by antonius66
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID RAZR Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-16) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Offer expired June 30
Old Oct 12, 2013, 1:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by antonius66

Offer expired June 30
Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:05 pm
inY

I was targeted for 10k today online. There did not seem to be a bonus ID. Page said
2. To be eligible to earn Membership Rewards® points, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of enrollment in the Extended Payment Option feature. Only one offer per Membership Rewards® program account is permitted, and points will be credited to your program account within 6-8 weeks after your Extended Payment Option enrollment is approved. Maximum 10,000 points per account. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards® program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276) for more information. Participating merchants and available rewards are subject to change without notice. Offer only available to Cardmembers who have received a communication directly from American Express for this offer. If you received an offer communication through e-mail or a letter, please refer to your communication piece for the offer expiration date. If you received an offer communication through americanexpress.com, offer expires 06/30/2014. If your enrollment in the Extended Payment Option is approved after the expiration date you will not be eligible for this offer."
Got the bonus next day.

Last edited by inY; Nov 8, 2013 at 1:56 pm
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Frinkiac7

If I enroll, does this involve a hard pull?
No, via chat with AMEX rep.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 10:33 pm

Targeted, rcvd 10K points w/in 2 days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.