Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2011, 5:51 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Thats for the Plat card not the regular one right?
Correct. - the Platinum card with the hefty $450 fee. If you buy just a few RT flights per year, the $200 airline reimbursement of taxes and airport fees alone chops the net cost to $250 (change, bag, food, etc fees, some upgrade or gift certs, count too), and if you would otherwise be paying for lounge access to one of the many clubs it gets you into, your net cost might actually be negative. Of course, you can also work to snag your 105K MR points (per card), then cancel after posting for a prorated fee refund! Best signup result I've had for any card, ever... beats even the 100K offers that have floated elsewhere.

Last edited by mia; Jun 19, 2011 at 1:34 pm Reason: Fix annual fee amount
Old Jun 19, 2011, 8:28 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by mooper
In total, what used to be a 25K bonus for sign-up (standard Plat card offer) then became 50K, then 100K after calling and asking to match another promo. With these points now thrown in, we're at 105K per card. With one card for each of us, that's 210K MR points (most of which were converted to DL miles at a 1:1.5 ratio, so over 300K DL miles and 50K MQMs. Yowza!
So just enough for the two of you to do ATL-DFW round trip in coach (Actually very much jest I am a big defender of SM and have just redeemed 480k for four of us to Kenya & Seychelles in biz and planning a similar MRU/JNB redemption for next spring)

Back on topic I was able to enroll my wife as she has the PRG and Plat. The bonus points have already showed up after only two days. I got the rock but I only just opened my first charge card (had credit cards for long time) so I am guessing if it's a new charge account then they want to see some history of you paying off in full before they let you do this. I will try again each month until I get it
Old Jun 19, 2011, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by mia
While I would not be surprised to see the annual fee increased, it is only $450.
You're correct, I was mistaken. I've edited my post above to be accurate now. Thanks.

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
So just enough for the two of you to do ATL-DFW round trip in coach (Actually very much jest I am a big defender of SM and have just redeemed 480k for four of us to Kenya & Seychelles in biz and planning a similar MRU/JNB redemption for next spring)
DL SM are definitely tough to use internationally... but our 300K+ after the conversion should get us 12 first class domestic round-trips (we have sufficient status to get free confirmed award upgrades within a 5 day window). Just booked one this morning.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
I first enrolled over the phone, then sent an email to request the 5K, they asked for the code, I sent them back the link and they deposited the 5K, so I'd suggest trying that if you can't get the link to work.
Have anyone had success in getting enrolled and getting points by calling/e-mailing even after getting the message that you cannot enroll at this time online?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by amitgu
Have anyone had success in getting enrolled and getting points by calling/e-mailing even after getting the message that you cannot enroll at this time online?
Yes, see my post #45 upthread.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by amitgu
It said my card isn't qualified. I called and emailed, and they said my card isn't qualified for the extended payment option.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 7:20 am

Programs: avis president , national executive, hertz presidents, delta platinum, spg platinum
could this post within a week?
Old Jun 30, 2011, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by traveldealer
could this post within a week?
Same day customer service responded (which was the business day after I sent the inquiry via the Messaging Center) for me.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
I secure messaged and asked if I were eligible for the program & promo. They said no but credited my account $25. Pretty sweet.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by MJLouise
They said no but credited my account $25. Pretty sweet.
Depends upon what value you place upon MR points. I converted my 5K into 7.5K DL miles that I utilize at 2 CPM+, so worth $150 to me. YMMV.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 4:23 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
Originally Posted by MJLouise
I secure messaged and asked if I were eligible for the program & promo. They said no but credited my account $25. Pretty sweet.
Originally Posted by mooper
Depends upon what value you place upon MR points. I converted my 5K into 7.5K DL miles that I utilize at 2 CPM+, so worth $150 to me. YMMV.
True but it's better than nothing. Plus the 75K I got even though I wasn't targeted, so I'm not complaining
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
How can one check if I'm registered for this now without emailing Amex?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
How can one check if I'm registered...
When I go to my "Recent Activity" section for my MR Plat card, I see both a "Pay Over Time" tab at the top, as well as a "Pay Over Time" line item at the bottom of the summary. If you lack these, I'm quite sure you aren't signed up. If they are displayed, then you could be signed up, or perhaps it just shows anyway. Not sure.

Also, if you try joining using the 5K offer link, it should notify you if you're already signed up. If it doesn't and it works, you're golden for the bonus.

Last edited by mia; Jul 18, 2011 at 7:45 am Reason: Repair quotation
Old Jul 18, 2011, 6:41 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
So using the link in post #37, if it lets me enroll, will it tell me in the end how many bonus points I get since "Maximum 5,000 points per account"?

I am wondering if I can find out how many points I'm eligible for before enrolling. Or do I go for it and if they don't give me 5000, I SM them with offer ID asking for 5000?

Thoughts? Sorry if I didn't pick this up from the thread, I skimmed through rather quickly.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:15 am

Sent SM, got this:

I understand that you wish to enroll your account in the Extended Pay Option (ExPo) and get 5,000 Membership Rewards bonus points.

I would like to inform you that this offer was sent to solicit Cardmembers and these Cardmembers were advised of this offer via email.

As per our records, your Card account not solicited for this offer.

As long as you haven€™t asked to be excluded from our offers, your account is already on the list.

As a valued Cardmember, you may be sent offers tailored to your account based on a variety of factors and the types of promotions that are available. Keeping your account current and in good standing is the best thing you can do to ensure your account will be included in future promotions.€

I appreciate your understanding in this matter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.