Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA]

Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA]

Old Aug 18, 16, 12:35 pm
  #406  
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 41,365
Originally Posted by Superorb View Post
... when I try to do it in my account ...
Are you trying to enroll without the bonus, or are you trying to use a bonus link?
mia is online now  
Old Aug 18, 16, 3:08 pm
  #407  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,167
Originally Posted by mia View Post
Are you trying to enroll without the bonus, or are you trying to use a bonus link?
I received an email to enroll. No bonus mentioned in email. Followed link in email as a guinea pig and it still failed.

Do you know if the links attached to the bonus are unique?
Superorb is offline  
Old Aug 19, 16, 5:17 pm
  #408  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: LAX, BUR
Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Posts: 1,794
Originally Posted by mia View Post
I received a letter at the end of 2015 mentioning adding this POT feature to my PRG. It was auto added in Feb. I was not targeted for any points. I tried to have the points addded after hearing about this latest round of 10K points offer but no luck yet.
I noticed this week my Gold & Green card were added last week! Again with no points.

I called and got a supervisor who said I may still be targeted by marketing now that the cards are in EXPO.
What he's saying and what seems to be happening with those who get the points doesn't seem to be the same thing.

I think I'll call back and have this EXPO removed from all cards. For 10K points I'll put them back.
mhdena is online now  
Old Aug 20, 16, 11:46 am
  #409  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 28,386
Originally Posted by Superorb View Post
I received an email to enroll. No bonus mentioned in email. Followed link in email as a guinea pig and it still failed.

Do you know if the links attached to the bonus are unique?
You will get the ineligibility message on the link with bonus if your email invitation does not contain bonus. This is the situation of my PRG.

My email invitation expires 8/28. Chat rep says if I do not enroll, but also do not specifically decline it, the account would be auto-enrolled eventually.
However, and this is IMPORTANT - If you decline the offer without bonus as mia says "Just Say No", your account will NEVER receive any offer on this feature per the disclosure from the chat rep.

It is not clear whether AFTER the auto-enrollment, if you ask to remove the "feature", would your account still be eligible to receive future offer. However it is VERY CLEAR in the disclosure, if you decline the current offer, your account would NEVER receive any offer on the extended payment option. This is AMEX sleazy way to make you enroll even without bonus.
Happy is offline  
Old Aug 20, 16, 1:43 pm
  #410  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,167
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
You will get the ineligibility message on the link with bonus if your email invitation does not contain bonus. This is the situation of my PRG.

My email invitation expires 8/28. Chat rep says if I do not enroll, but also do not specifically decline it, the account would be auto-enrolled eventually.
However, and this is IMPORTANT - If you decline the offer without bonus as mia says "Just Say No", your account will NEVER receive any offer on this feature per the disclosure from the chat rep.

It is not clear whether AFTER the auto-enrollment, if you ask to remove the "feature", would your account still be eligible to receive future offer. However it is VERY CLEAR in the disclosure, if you decline the current offer, your account would NEVER receive any offer on the extended payment option. This is AMEX sleazy way to make you enroll even without bonus.
Oh, wonderful. Thanks Amex...
Superorb is offline  
Old Aug 30, 16, 2:43 pm
  #411  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: DCA
Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, SPG/Marriott/HHonors Gold, *A Gold (SAS EuroBonus)
Posts: 777
Just wanted to share my experience in case it is helpful for others... I got targeted a few months ago on my BGR and Biz Plat for the 10k enrollment bonus. Enrolled my BGR and then the option disappeared from the Plat. Got the 10k points but never was targeted to enroll the Plat. So - as I've heard this works for enrolling multiple cards in an AmEx offer - I de-linked my Biz Plat from my online login and created a different account for it last week. Four days later I get an email with an offer for the 10k on Biz Plat. Enrolled and the points posted yesterday (and I've now moved my Biz Plat back onto my normal AmEx login account
bodiddely is offline  
Old Aug 30, 16, 7:41 pm
  #412  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NYC
Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Posts: 2,519
Originally Posted by bodiddely View Post
Just wanted to share my experience in case it is helpful for others... I got targeted a few months ago on my BGR and Biz Plat for the 10k enrollment bonus. Enrolled my BGR and then the option disappeared from the Plat. Got the 10k points but never was targeted to enroll the Plat. So - as I've heard this works for enrolling multiple cards in an AmEx offer - I de-linked my Biz Plat from my online login and created a different account for it last week. Four days later I get an email with an offer for the 10k on Biz Plat. Enrolled and the points posted yesterday (and I've now moved my Biz Plat back onto my normal AmEx login account
nice share^
Tim O'Brien is offline  
Old Sep 2, 16, 8:28 pm
  #413  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,269
Targeted but no cards eligible

My wife and I have business gold cards that we've already enrolled in the Extended Payment Option and received 10K points for. We also have the Ameriprise Gold (have only had for about 5 weeks), and I have a personal platinum (have had since May 9th -- the infamous 100K offer).

Today we both received mailers offering 10,000 MR points for enrolling in the extended payment option, but the mailers didn't say which card. I logged in to try to use the offer on each of the three cards, and three times I got an error message saying no cards are eligible.

It wasn't unexpected, but it was a little annoying. Is the rule that you aren't eligible for this until the card has been open 6 months or some set period?
LWT3 is offline  
Old Oct 6, 16, 11:20 am
  #414  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ATL
Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Posts: 10,275
Not sure if this has been posted/discussed here, but when I started getting the POT/EXPO offers, I didn't enroll because I wasn't sure about impacts to credit reporting.

Answers/details on that and more, in writing from Amex reps, are available in this Amex community thread (should be readable even without an account): https://community.americanexpress.com/thread/6451

In response to the credit reporting questions:
1. The Card will report as a Charge Card. The Pay Over Time feature is an internal feature & does not get reported.

2. The Card will not change to Credit Card, and will report as a Charge Card.

3. The Charge Card will report irrespective of the kind of payments being made (whether in full or per the Pay Over Time feature).
There's also a good breakout further down of the three different "Pay Over Time" options - Sign & Travel vs. Extended Payment Option vs. Select & Pay Later.
gooselee is offline  
Old Nov 30, 16, 1:28 pm
  #415  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,269
My wife and I were both targeted for the 10,000 MR points offer for signing up for the extended payment option on our Gold Business cards. We did and got the points. That was great. Now my wife gets about two e-mails a week telling her she has the option of signing up for the same offer. A few times I tried signing up again just to see what would happen, and of course it says no cards are eligible for the offer. I'm not surprised by that, but you'd think Amex's marketing department would stop sending her the same offer again and again after they know she has already signed up for it.
LWT3 is offline  
Old Nov 30, 16, 6:17 pm
  #416  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ONT/LAX
Programs: IHG Plat
Posts: 496
i just got an email for this offer on my gold card.
indelible is offline  
Old Dec 1, 16, 9:53 am
  #417  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,167
Originally Posted by indelible View Post
i just got an email for this offer on my gold card.
Via email?
Superorb is offline  
Old Dec 1, 16, 1:54 pm
  #418  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 464
got an email offer yesterday for my plat, signed up.
dascc is offline  
Old Dec 3, 16, 12:25 pm
  #419  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, AAdvantage, Chase Ultimate Rewards, IHG Rewards Platinum
Posts: 52
same here. email offer for plat and signed up
Quikarmani is offline  
Old Dec 3, 16, 12:31 pm
  #420  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,400
those of you who who got the email offer, when did you apply?
DaveInLA is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: