Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA]

Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA]

Old Jul 23, 16, 1:45 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
does anyone know if it'sis it available on the Gold business card and Everyday Preferred?
Old Jul 23, 16, 4:27 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien View Post
does anyone know if it'sis it available on the Gold business card and Everyday Preferred?
This benefit is only available on charge cards, which excludes Everyday Preferred which is a credit card. The bonus offer is only available if targeted. Don't enrol unless you see the offer on your account.

Last edited by mia; Jul 24, 16 at 9:04 am
Old Jul 23, 16, 5:49 pm

I read somewhere that your accounts needs to have had 3 statements to be eligible. My mom and my wife opened their accounts a couple months ago, and the 2nd statement is just coming up on 7/27, 3rd statement will be around 8/27. That's before the promo ends. Do you think they'll be eligible for this promo then by calling in or logging in with their accounts after clicking the link?
Old Jul 24, 16, 12:31 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by mia View Post
This benefit is only available on charge cards, which excludes Everyday Preferred which is a credit card. The bonus offer is only available if targeted. Don't enrol unless you see the offer on your account.
i received the offer for the Mercedes Plat, but not on the Business Gold.

i see people have enrolled without being targeted , and say they have received the 10K, is there some determent for applying without being targeted? or are you suggesting holding off until the possibility of being targeted?
Old Jul 24, 16, 5:10 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien View Post
i... are you suggesting holding off until the possibility of being targeted?
Yes. I am assuming you do not really want to use the feature, no point enrolling unless offered a bonus. The offers are cyclical (This thread runs back to 2008.) I would wait.
Old Jul 26, 16, 9:58 am

Programs: UA, SW, US, DL
Before talking to retention (PRG 1st year, 25k spend), I was offered 10k MR for signing up for their Flexible/Extended Payment Option. I am not one to carry a balance and pay off every month. I can sign up for this offer if it is free 10k points. However, some preliminary research leads me to think that there may be a HP and that Amex will report my monthly balance to the reporting agencies as outstanding each month. Don't understand how to make sense of it. Any experiences with this plan?
Old Jul 26, 16, 10:11 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
There's no HP.
Old Aug 8, 16, 4:42 am

Amex Plat Extended Payment Option Question

Hi everyone,

If you sign up for Amex's extended payment option, they 'check' the account to before they approve you. However, the wording they use isn't very clear. Is this based on a credit check (hard pull) or is this purely based on your payment history with Amex?

Also, does anyone know of a 10k bonus when signing up for the extended payment option? Is there still a link floating around?

Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 16, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by homerjsimpso View Post
Hi everyone,

If you sign up for Amex's extended payment option, they 'check' the account to before they approve you. However, the wording they use isn't very clear. Is this based on a credit check (hard pull) or is this purely based on your payment history with Amex?

Also, does anyone know of a 10k bonus when signing up for the extended payment option? Is there still a link floating around?

Thanks!
I took advantage of the 10k offer. It came via mail and email. I think the offer is targeted, though. May be wrong. They did not do a hard pull on my credit.
Old Aug 8, 16, 5:40 am

Great, thanks zug! Can anyone else confirm that they do this purely on payment history and not a hard pull?

Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 16, 6:04 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
Confirmed
Old Aug 14, 16, 7:49 pm

Programs: British Airways, Hyatt Gold Passport, Avis
Just got an email about 2 hours ago with a 10k bonus to enroll!
Old Aug 14, 16, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by RgvTx View Post
Just got an email about 2 hours ago with a 10k bonus to enroll!
I got the offer for my 9 month old card during the last batch, but my mom and wife both got the card 3-4 months ago did not. I was hopeful that they would get the email right now, but they didn't.
Old Aug 17, 16, 1:42 pm

Programs: British Airways, Hyatt Gold Passport, Avis
Just a follow up I got the email on Sunday Evening and opted in that day and logged in this morning and the 10k points already got credit it
Old Aug 18, 16, 11:43 am

I received an email to enroll in the extended pay plan Aug 14th. No mention of points in the email, and when I try to do it in my account I get an error that no cards are eligible for the extended plan. Has this happened to anyone else?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: