Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA]

Bonus points to enroll in Extended Payment Option [USA]

Old Nov 15, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL GM
How long for pay over time sign-up bonus to post?

Was offered 5k MR points to sign up for pay over time. Did it, and I have been seeing the option to use it when I pay my bill for a couple of months now. Still no sign of the bonus points showing up in my points or pending points. Anyone have any recent experience? TYIA.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Frinkiac7
Was offered 5k MR points to sign up for pay over time. Did it, and I have been seeing the option to use it when I pay my bill for a couple of months now. Still no sign of the bonus points showing up in my points or pending points. Anyone have any recent experience? TYIA.
I received the 5,000 MR a few days after signing up....beginning of October. Suggest you call.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:35 pm

Biz Gold Rewards - Free 10,000 MR w/ Extended Payment Option enrollment

http://www.americanexpress.com/openpayovertime13 or call 1-800-492-3344

From the mailer:

As a Business Gold Rewards Card Member with an excellent payment history, you're invited to enroll in the Extended Payment Option. With this feature, you can pay for eligible purchases of $100 or more in full or over time.

And after you enroll your Card in the Extended Payment Option you can receive 10,000 Membership Rewards points.

No fee to enroll
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:06 pm

YMMV

Originally Posted by justdoinjjs
http://www.americanexpress.com/openpayovertime13 or call 1-800-492-3344

From the mailer:

As a Business Gold Rewards Card Member with an excellent payment history, you're invited to enroll in the Extended Payment Option. With this feature, you can pay for eligible purchases of $100 or more in full or over time.

And after you enroll your Card in the Extended Payment Option you can receive 10,000 Membership Rewards points.

No fee to enroll

We're Sorry...

None of the Cards associated with this online account are eligible for the Extended Payment Option.

If you have any questions, please call the customer service phone number on the back of your Card.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
http://www.americanexpress.com/openpayovertime15 gives 10k for Plat.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 6:28 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
I got a mail flyer offering the extended payment option but no bonus! I tried the link above and it says either my bonus offer has expired or the offer is only available by invitation and that I can "apply" for the extended payment option (I'm assuming with no bonus so no thanks).

Edit to add that this is in ref to biz plat, I did get the 10K bonus on my now canceled personal plat in 2013.
Old May 7, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Amex Business Platinum 10K points for enrolling in Pay Over Time

Called today to ask a question about my bill. Was offered by the agent to received 10K points just for enrolling in Pay Over Time. Maybe this is old news but I figured I would post this. Also was told that starting in June, there would be 30% MR points rebate if MR points are redeemed for an airline of choice.
Old May 7, 2015, 8:30 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Thank you. These bonus offers seem to come in waves, separated by periods in which they encourage cardholders to enroll, but do not offer a bonus.

The other "enhancement" is actually a revision of an existing benefit, see discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...demptions.html
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Million Miler
Looks like to bonuses for Extended Payment Option are back. I just got a 10k offer on my Biz Gold today. Came via snail mail and expires 11/1/2016.

To see if you are eligible try americanexpress.com/openpayovertime59

Judging by the url I am guessing that this is probably available only to Biz card holders, and possibly only Biz Gold.

Good luck. I love free points!
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Sliver, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire
10000 Amex points for enrolling "Extended Payment Option"

It seems to be a targeted offer, one 10000 point reward per account. I received for Amex platinum biz, but couldn't get it worked on Amex gold biz...
here is the link:
americanexpress.com/openpayovertime61
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: All of them, Katie
Take a screenshot before you accept this offer. I received this offer online, by email, and by snail mail for a plat account a while back. I accepted the offer online, but the points did not post automatically. Despite receiving the offer through three venues, multiple phone reps insisted that I was never offered bonus points for enrolling for extended pay. They finally gave me the points after I dug up the email of the offer and mailed a printout to them (at their request). The whole experience left a very sour taste in my mouth and was very contrary to the friendly, helpful service they're always bragging about.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 8:31 pm

10000 Amex points for enrolling "Extended Payment Option"

hard pull though right? mine was.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 7:58 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Originally Posted by laxrunner18
here is the link:
americanexpress.com/openpayovertime61
Thank you. We have moved your thread from Miles Buzz to the American Express forum, and added it to the established thread discussing this recurring offer.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maverick17
hard pull though right? mine was.
Should not be afaik..
Old Oct 17, 2015, 11:42 am

Received a letter in the mail about enrolling in the Select & Pay Later feature for my PRG card.

First two paragraphs from the letter:

You have been qualified for enrollment in the Select & Pay Later feature as of 11/30/2015. This feature provides ... [No mention of any bonus ]

If you do not want to be enrolled in Select & Pay Later, please contact us using the number on the back of your Card and request to have the feature cancelled. You will not be able to request charges to be moved to Pay Over Time balance after cancellation.

Does this means that I am signed up for the feature even though I never asked for it and need to call to cancel?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.